Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Orange Jellyfish

So, lest you think I'm being eaten alive by past traumas, I'll tell you about my day.

It's true, though.  I do have some post-traumatic issues from the accident.  One day I was in really bad shape, I was back in that ICU waiting room, it was horrible, even with Ron beside me.  I FINALLY figured out the warehouse club had started using a "new" hand soap.  The same soap used by the ICU - I had to scrub, and glove up,  every time I went in to see Ron.  The scent is unmistakable.

Now, I can remind myself "The soap will trigger bad memories", but sometimes, like today, it gets shoved in my face and I can't avoid it.  Doc says one of my medications is also used for PTSD, so I'm covered.

Anyway, I didn't sleep well.  Finally got up and skipped my God Time (He waited).  Ate, went to work.  No headache thank God.

I figured out I had forgotten to put my lithium in the AM part of my pill organizer.  Explains why I've had such a tough week!  Today's lithium had me stupid.  I was walking around in a fog, thinking, a fog is a lot better than all those sharp edges I've had.

Ron said I was useful; good to hear.  You know what happened after work, while waiting to come home.

I ate and took a nap.  Woke up, wrote the blog, then decided I needed to take care of myself.  I did some cooking, made pumpkin pudding.  Then I did my God Time.  I had a tremendous urge to paint; so I decided to work on the meteor one.

It was kind of funny, my crayon version resembled an orange jellyfish.  [snort]  Not a big fan of crayons - but they at least get the concept out on paper.

So, I'm working on it.  Dark skies.  Even the grass is dark.  I'm approaching the meteor in stages.  Get some down, let it dry... get some more.  I'm liking the tail.  It's progressing.

Once I get the meteor finished, I need to get the figure praying, and then do the cross up in the pearlescent clouds.  I should finish it in a few days.

1 comment:

Allen Kimberly said...

I'm waiting on pins and needles for a picture of your work. Progres pic? ;-)

A. Kimberly