Sunday, October 16, 2011

Whining

Mom and Dad are coming to visit, so I've been cleaning up.  I'm glad I only have carpet in a couple of rooms; tile is a lot easier to manage. 

Hard when I have a low energy level; Doc will be thrilled I'm not really getting manic, but it is a bit frustrating.  It's, like, tired or tired + depressed.  But then God sent me an episode of Law & Order, a psychotic guy off his meds killed a nice lady.  I don't want that to be me.  So, I swallow my handful of "sick-making" pills

One beautiful thing about my blog; I can come here and whimper.  I can whine, snivel and moan.  And you read about it and maybe think "Thank God I don't have that problem"  maybe you think about your own medication; or maybe you get a better understanding on why a loved one ISN'T taking their pills. 

Because I've noticed, loved ones HATE to hear about the side effects.  They empathize, but they're also a little scared.   Scared I will get tired and maybe stop (I'd die first) my medication.  Ron feels terrible, like he "ought" to be able to protect me from Bad Things, including medication side effects; but it's this or Heather the Hatchet.  Then he will yell at God.  [laughing]  Not easy to talk about the side effects. 

Don't worry, I know God can take care of Himself.  The book of Job; Job yelling at God.  At the end of the book, God gives Job DOUBLE everything he lost, so obviously God understands.  And I'm sure the God who created my husband understands his frustration at times. 

Happily, I can come here and vent MY frustrations in a very healthy manner; and maybe offer a little insight and education to boot.   Speaking of, I will be doing a partnership. 

I am a purist.  I saw a "monetized" blog recently and it looked HORRIBLE.... ads inserted at every paragraph.  Yuck.  I will not monetize my blog, if it means I'm out on a corner waving a "Now Leasing" sign at the passing cars every day. 

However, Gospel for Asia would like me to do an article now and then; sharing my perspective on some things they do.  I've been really busy but I'll be doing that.  They do REALLY good work in a sensitive and appropriate manner.  Good stewards, committed to the Great Commission (preach the Gospel to the whole world). 

So, that's upcoming.  I think that will be fun.  I like to help "good people".  I may be "Low Income" but I am happy to do that. 

So many good things out there, if I won the Lotto.  Oh, boy.  I'd have some fun. 

Selfish first: hire a professional driver service.  I could just make a call and have a car show up to take me anywhere.  Ahhh.   Pay off the house, fix the siding and bathroom.  I'd love to get a grab bar in the tub for Ron.  Get a couple different pairs of glasses, I always thought that would be cool to have a choice every day - which glasses to wear.  "I'll wear the purple today".  That's about it. 

I'd really have fun with the charity stuff; but God needs me here, where I am, handing out my bags of driver candy and doing my Bible Handouts. 

Done with the whining for now, the headache pills worked, and when Ron gets out of the tub it's shower time. 

No comments: