Tuesday, October 18, 2011

And notify...

It didn't get off to a good start.

Sure, Mom and Dad had come to visit.  Sure, we planned to go to Galveston.  Sure, I was even getting a new-to-me computer.

Sure enough, the depression hit; weeks long before the visit.  Ever tried to clean and organize a home while depressed?  Agh.  My glasses broke in June, then again last week, and then again on Monday.  Time for some new glasses!

So, Sunday, we all had a big family lunch, great to see everyone.  I got hammered with a horrible depression, so bad I had to take an antidepressant at night.  As a result, I slept horribly and had a few minor auditory "problems".

I lay in bed, hating the vague music that may or may not have existed, and begged God to please help me have a good time regardless.  To paraphrase an old story "Please take this and make a good day out of it tomorrow".

Monday, I had broken glasses and couldn't see a thing.

In fact, at work, someone tried to put a bill into all the vending machines.  It didn't work.  They presented it to me: and even unable to read I could tell it was a fake.  It looked ALL wrong.  I suggested they go to the credit union.

See, if a banking institution gets a fake bill, they KEEP IT and notify the authorities.  She just said never mind.  Someone with a real bill would have been a lot more upset.

Hm.  Not fun.  She wandered off and I went back to work, doing what I could.

Dad called, he was outside.  I once read a book that stated you should have the first couple minutes of "contact" as a positive experience, no matter how bad your day.  I fear I did not do that, very annoyed at my broken glasses.   It was time to go...

No comments: