Tuesday, October 25, 2011

It was Him

Well, Allen, I had plenty of time to play with some concepts while I waited for my video blog to load.  The video blog didn't work, I don't know why.  Still getting used to new OS and applications.

I got some concepts down for the meteor and volcano.  When I get them painted, I'll put up some photos.

Slept in today, woke up with a DREADFUL headache.  I never got rid of it.  I took some execdrin and got some nasty hot flashes... having one right now.

I KNOW I feel terrible when I don't even finish my soda.  And I didn't eat anything weird!  It's really frustrating.

OK, physically feel terrible, mood - really irritable depression, hopeless, frustrated.  Just not a good day.  About the only good thing I could say, Ron gave me $20 and the cat slept on his little bed, next to mine.  It's nice to see Bubba all cozy on "his" bed (which is actually a storage box).

Agh.  My head is really killing me.

Ron's been in a pretty dark mood, himself.  Not surprising we had an argument about taking out the trash.

I decided I would try and make a good day of it, after all.  (Ron is on a tirade right now about God)  I left the house, and decided to go to the Christian bookstore.

Due to my foot problems, depression, and lack of funds, I hadn't been in a while.  I don't want to be a "downer", I'd rather sequester myself.

A very nice lady had sent me some money for "ministry", and I had just the thing in mind: a case of Bibles.  I could see them, tucked into zip locks  with a nice handful of candy.  If I bought a case of Bibles, I'd have enough cash left for the candy.

So, I took my handcart (took a while to extract it from storage) and left the house.  I had to come back a couple of times.  I forgot my debit card.  I forgot my backpack.  And I needed some bug spray.  [sigh]  Missed that bus.

Got the bus.  Realized I had a horrible mood, and the headache was back.  I decided to stop at a McDonalds and get something to eat.  I ate, took my pills.  I went with naproxen instead of the  caffeine stuff.  It's not working very well.

Had a guy come up to me, begging.  Got me thinking about maybe packing lunches with a scripture booklet.  I like it, need to pray on it, though.

Caught my buses and got to the store.  Got my case of Bibles and they even put them in the handcart.  It was obvious I had a lot of identical Bibles, in the cart.

On my way home, 3 people expressed a lot of interest in the Bibles and each got one.  I'm glad God could use me.

God knows, it was Him and not me.  Me?  I was just putting one foot in front of another.  I will be praying for them, of course.

Got home, put up the handcart.  Ron was asleep.  Took out the trash, watered the foundation, and poisoned the fire ants nesting by Ron's chair.  Boy, he'd have been furious.

He was pretty upset when I told him.  I told him I will do "chair checks" every day for him.

Let me put on my martyr/victim hat: and I did all of this with a HORRIBLE headache!  [taking hat off]

Ron woke up; in a bad, bitter, mood.  UGH.  And this was my day off.  I hope tomorrow is better.

I know, none of this is major, but sometimes the little aggravations, piled up, can seem more frustrating than a major problem.  When faced with a major problem, I tackle it head-on and go into fighter mode.  The little ones, I tend to roll over.

I'm working on that.

I hope you had a better day.

I'll remind you here I'm praying for you, daily.  

No comments: