Monday, October 3, 2011

Lithium and friends

I can't abide people who just wallow in their problems, whining, complaining, and doing absolutely NOTHING to fix them. 

So, why am I battling hot flashes, suffering, and sweating? 

I needed to make another Swanson Vitamin order anyway, so as I added my Milk Thistle (good for liver and gallbladder) and Olive Leaf (excellent for any immune problem, and I have a family history of same), to my "shopping cart", I went to the "Women's" link. 

It was pretty funny, actually.  Years ago (see August/September 2009) I had a severe allergic reaction to my antidepressant, I ended up with extreme hives over about 45% of my body.  It took me months to heal.  Boy, that was a lousy August.  One warning always found on the offending drug "Avoid sunlight, may increase sensitivity to UV rays." 

So, when one herbal carried the same warning, I ran very fast.  The next one "Gastrointestinal distress".  As I read it, I recalled the LAST time I had endeavored to take the herb.  It was bad; and that was before I started taking the lithium and friends.  Finally, I found another one.  Wild Yam. 

I read the reviews, and was completely delighted to read the testimonials - no more hot flashes.  Wow.  If I can pull that off, it would be great. 

I may, or may not be in premenopause but I'd rather not suffer if I can avoid it. 

I'll let you know how it goes.  I had a couple of hot flashes today. 

No comments: