Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I like toads

[Shudder]  I had a very exhausting 24 hours.  I know it's been a crazy day when I haven't even had my God Time at 8 PM. 

[sigh]  Last night, I apparently consumed one too many Diet Dr Peppers.  I got "activated" and had a hard time falling asleep.  As I lay there in bed, my heart racing, I kept hearing a vague, bassy-thump.  Like music. 

This is the infamous music I had problems with in July, too.  I lay there in bed, wound up, couldn't sleep.  Earplugs.  No, that actually made it worse. 

I heard Ron awake, and I asked him if he heard it.  He thought so, but wasn't sure.  We decided to take a walk.  Did that, and had a little disagreement about the music.  I thought it was one street over.  He thought it was south of us. 

We finally figured out it was out of the subdivision altogether.  I could still hear it back in the house, and I was pretty wound up - irritated.  My glassed broke right at the nose, so I had to get out the old, decrepit pair. 

Great.  Now, I have to go to the eyeglass repair store tomorrow; on my day off.  I like to have a little choice, you know? 

I was really irritable, and after Ron hid in his room I thought "I need to do my protocol".  Doc said, take this and that.  I did. 

While I waited on the medication, I sat in my chair, watching "Hoarders", 1 in the morning, in my nicely organized front room, bagging up driver candy, sitting in my chair in my old nightgown, listening to that NOISE!

Telling myself, Heather, you STUPID, don't drink Dr Pepper in the evening! 

Pretty soon I didn't care, started feeling pretty groggy (I do not take sleeping or anti-anxiety things as I am at exceptional, 80%+ risk of addiction).  I went in my room.  I could hear the noise, but I didn't care as much. 

Ron came out of hiding, and we turned on a fan in addition to my noisemaker, and I dropped off. 

Obviously, this morning was going to be a challenge.  I got up, took a shower, shaved my legs.  That was about it! 

Well, I got dressed!  [laugh] 

Our ride came.  We went to the Taqueria near our house for breakfast.  Ron and I love their breakfast, he's very fond of the chilaquiles.  I got a cheese quesadilla and a breakfast taco.  Yum. 

Our ride came early, and parked.  Ron called dispatch and said "Tell them I will be out at my pickup time, I just got my food so I can't leave early" - rules say we have until our pickup time,  The rules, say.  [snort] 

I even stopped eating, got up, and took her a takout menu.  With 15 minutes to go she had plenty of time for a taco.  As I approached the cab, I saw she was on the phone.  She started swatting in my direction like I was a gnat, trying to shoo me off.  Rather rude, I thought, but I still gave her a big smile and the menu. 

She drove off.  I thought, maybe she's running an errand.  She never came back.  She lied and told the dispatcher we weren't even there!  And she SAW us!   Ron and I were right by the window! 

Ron called in a complaint.  Then he realized we would miss our ride to work if we didn't get home quick.  So, he called a subsidized cab and got a ride with a nice guy. 

Our driver was a little distressed when we got home, looking for the cat!  "Where's the cat?  Is he OK?"  [grin]  Bubba's a real charmer.  I gave him some driver candy - the same candy + scripture booklet I had bagged up 7 hours earlier. 

We got our ride to work.  Oooh, it was BIG TIME!   Metrolift had hired a regular cab. 

A nice, fancy, Chrysler 300.  I felt very "big time".  The merchandise fit into the trunk.  Boy, they have a huge trunk.  The driver even handed Ron a cable so he could play his music on the speakers.  Nice! 

We got to work, stocked, I got the numbers and information on the burned out lightbulbs (I lost 2 recently - specialty bulbs for my snack vendors).   Helped Ron ("You're a big help today" - never get tired of hearing that). 

Speaking of Ron, he's asleep in a chair outside.  I just took him a blanket, not that it's chilly, but he might like one.  He woke up a little, and as I walked back to the house I found a huge toad in the yard.  Cool.  I like toads.  I sweet talked it for a minute and came back. 

God only knows what happened to our pickup from work - dispatch said they had "a problem".  We got another hired cab - another bag of candy, the third of the day only given, BECAUSE our trips were so messed up! 

We went to the light bulb store.  He is a very nice man, and a small business owner.  I gave him my data and he got our bulbs. 

Happily our last trip was great.  Kaleb pulled up right as we finished, and we got a ride home.  I told him about the blog - we've been riding with him for ages.  He loves Driver Candy. 

I got home and took a nap.   When I got up I had to help Ron with the accounting report and cleaning up the yard.  I picked up the stuff that goes in the trash, and will take out the cans later.  I also need to check the mail. 

Boy, I am beat.  Now time to hang out with Him. 

1 comment:

icebear said...

toads are sweet, humble creatures