Friday, August 19, 2011

We're calling him Lucky.

Today got off to an odd start.  Bubba brought us another cat. 

You may recall, 7 years ago, he brought Frosty to come live with us.  Frosty was a great fit, and had a wonderful life until his "graduation" in 2009. 

When I got home from the vet with my empty cat carrier, I promised Bubby I WOULD NOT get another cat.  "If you want another cat, YOU bring it."  I told him.  "Otherwise I'll assume you want to be an only cat." 

Perhaps it was my embraces yesterday, so delighted to see him.  Bubba isn't a cuddler.  Perhaps, the fact that I was away for a while enabled Bubba to find a new friend... but this morning Bubba presented us with a miniature version of himself, a shorthaired, solid black, male, cat with green eyes. 

Bubba tolerates him, the little guy is incredibly affectionate, well mannered, all in all a great little cat.  I've always thought it would be cool to have two black cats, and they are identical (except for size).  So, for now, I have another cat. 

I'm not a huge fan of kittens but he's got good manners and isn't too hyper.  He's eaten quite a bit, used the box a few times, and slept.  That's not counting the cuddles. 

Ron likes him, and likes the name "Lucky".  So, we're calling him Lucky.  As in "Lucky Bubba found you and brought you home" and also a play on the old black-cats-are-unlucky. 

Boy, I got whacked with depression today.  It was horrible.  Even the kitten couldn't cheer me up.  I finally whacked it with medication but it was a brutal battle. 

First off, we went to the warehouse and got supplies for work.  Brought them home.  Went to Walmart.  Got kitten food (both cats love it), diet soda, and a soaker hose.  I needed it for the foundation.  It's starting to settle. 

I just turned it off, it worked very well.   The ground at the foundation is now nice and moist.  Yay.  The last thing we need is a cracked slab. 

Since it was tax free weekend, I also got some underwear.  Mainly, it was the hose and some cat supplies, and some 5-gallon buckets for the disaster kit.  If the drought gets much worse, I can catch the water from my shower, put it in the buckes, and pour it on plants. 

I noticed milk had gone up to $3.50 a gallon, I'm not suprised.  I bet it gets even more expensive. 

Oooh.  The power almost went out.  I guess the system is overloaded.  It has been hellish, and looks to continue. 

So, that's it for now.  I'll get some photos up soon. 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Sending you good thoughts