Sunday, August 28, 2011

Not another Rapture blog!

I'm laughing to myself, because I believe after the Rapture, bots will sweep the net, deleting all posts like this one.  They'll be set for keywords like "rapture" and "left behind". 

Anyway, I have to do this for me.  Scoff if you want.  Hotlink it to some hater atheist message board.  I don't care; I still have to write it. 

I'm going to skip over actual definitions.  Here is a link to the rapture.  A lot of good material on the Rapture Ready site. 

Here's a really good link for people who got "left behind".  Oops, I guess I wasn't Rapture Ready

So, we've addressed the immediate spiritual needs.  What about the practical ones? 

First, buy a gun.  I don't own a gun, but you will need to, in order to survive.  I suggest at least one handgun, and one shotgun.  You can carry the handgun, and the shotgun will work for home defense.  I expect you will see a lot of violent home invasions. 

Second, you need to become a survivalist.  The world is going to hell.  You need to prepare.  You have a couple of choices,  raid homes of people who've been raptured; purchase, or barter food and survival items.  Plenty of books on survival, I expect you can do your own research. 

I know some of you, by now, are rolling your eyes and wondering if I'm off my meds.  I'm not.  Speaking of meds, if you are dependent on something for your daily functioning, now is the time to stock up.  Your arithritis medication will probably not be available for long! 

I suggest you team up with other believers (I am assuming you have gotten saved and developed a personal relationship with Jesus by now), in the "Left Behind" series the authors envisoned an underground network of believers, caring for each other.  Be aware you will encounter traitors, though.   The Bible is clear on that. 

Hang in there, don't give up, and don't worship the Antichrist.  Those who do so are headed straight for hell.  At first, the Antichrist is going to look like the best and most wonderful person in the world.  He's not.  He will literally be indwelt by the Devil before the game is up. 

I really pray that everyone I know has been raptured with me.  I would be so happy.  However, if you're not, strap in because you've got a hell of a ride ahead. 

BTW - the only thing that entitles me to salvation is my acceptance of it.  You can't earn your way to salvation; it's a gift, freely given.  Hopefully I'll live up to it. 

4 comments:

awakened0229 said...

Amen, Heather! Definitely needs to be posted! Like you, I think Our Lord will be coming for us soon.

Anonymous said...

Heather you do realize that if the rapture does happen the way you think it will that 99.9% of people who were not saved before the rapture will not be saved after. The holy spirit right now has restraints on people (you would not think so with all the evil in the world but it is true). If the rapture does occur these restraints will be removed and people will be allowed to act on their most deprave thoughts and desires. Most will be spiritually blinded and remain so.

Heather Knits said...

Anonymous, I agree a lot of depravity after the rapture, which is why I strongly advise anyone still around to buy a gun!

The bible also says there will be a huge soul harvest (Revelation 14:14-16), during the tribulation. I believe every human on the planet is born with a hunger for God, and even though the Holy Spirit is removed, they will still seek Him - quite a few, at least.

I remain hopeful; but for that newly-saved person left behind, I want them to be cautious and well-armed. It's going to be hell on earth.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you fully about the Devil coming in "pretty clothing". The Devil does not come looking and sounding evil: that would be far too easy! I know that he is disguised firmly in occult practices, which are very, very popular now. People laughed at the idea of covens and witches being popular years ago, and look at now; it's infiltrated our culture. I was Wiccan for years and thank God, got out of it. Wiccans claim not to believe in Satan, but it's a second coming of the same old calvary, so to speak..it IS Satan, just disguising himself in pretty wrapping. It's a "me" theology of worshiping the self, which is what the Adversary wants us to do.

I don't believe that any of us know the day or the hour, as Jesus said, and have no idea when the Rapture will come. I think we have to take every day as it comes.

The only thing I would disagree with is the gun. It's probably my Canadian heritage and culture, but guns terrify me. I don't want one in the house because I'd be afraid of what a potential intruder would do with it. That, and with my PTSD, any loud noise sets me off. But, I respect your views.

God Bless.