Thursday, August 4, 2011

Home again

Ron always wants to know if he was quiet.  He was, but I didn't sleep well.  I had nightmares about black scorpions.  According to the internet, I am "facing a difficult or painful situation".  That's, like, every day of my life!  [snort]  Not very useful. 

I was pretty groggy and kept running into walls, tripping over my feet, etc.  We had a very long ride to work.  One woman talked constantly, the other wore too much cologne.  This went on for over an hour. 

I was glad I had my headphones, and Ron, his talking book. 

We finally got to work.  I didn't have snacks to put out, but they will be OK.  The food machines were pretty full. 

So, I worked on servicing the coffee machine, and sodas.  I stocked many cases of soda.  Ron went to the bathroom, and when he came back I went.  He saw the cart with all the empty soda flats; and mashed them all up for me (a job I hate).  He thanked me for being diligent. 

When it feels like over 100+ in a bad economy, I'm going to thank God for a thirsty customer.  They didn't buy snacks, which was good (I need to stock).  They didn't buy much food, and I can't do anything about that.  They did buy a decent amount of soda, considering. 

We finished up and came home.  It was the driver who had been weaving somewhat the last time.  I made it home alive.  It was pretty much the same thing, but another hour-long ride.  And what a nice surprise, an obviously manic woman stuffed in the back seat next to me, talking nonstop. 

I never take my medication for granted.  I don't want to be that person. 

When I got out at home, the driver did, too.  I took his hand, in both of mine, and told him "I'll be praying for you" - implied, you're going to need a lot of prayer to deal with her.  He laughed.  That is a nice thing about my audio processing disability; I didn't understand one word, in 10, that she spoke. 

What I did get was alarming.  Apparently she has gotten in trouble for interacting with babies and small children, without the parent's permission.  Oh boy. 

I came inside, exhausted, and took a nap.  Turns out it was a 3 hour nap.  I had a nightmare about the last client carjacking the cab and driving on the freeway during rush hour.  Time to get up. 

Tomorrow we go to the wholesale warehouse (I plan to get some meat sticks for myself, snacks for work, and some soda for work), and then home.  We stock our other location, and then home again. 

It ought to be a fun day. 

Now I need to figure out what I can eat for dinner, that will enable me to take my lithium, and deal with the nausea, too. 

No comments: