Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Absolutely mental

I thought about doing a video blog, but I'm too lazy. 

It was my Day Out, I slept in until 8.  Decided, it was dumb to take a shower, go out in the heat, exert myself, come home, shower again?  Or just take a "birdbath" and a proper bath later.  I've been in the mood for a nice bath, which is absolutely MENTAL considering the heat. 

Anyway, I did that.  I did my God Time; saved the prayer portion of the program for early evening.  I think I'm pretty clear then.  I like what I'm doing with the Bible study. 

So, I got dressed and left the house.  I didn't have any major goals, just a trip to the Dollar store.  Houston, in September, is ripe for hurricanes.  God knows we need the rain.  It seemed prudent to take a little time out of my day to pick up some batteries.  Nothing, to my knowledge, is coming.  But I did think "I wish I had more batteries".  Ron's fan broke, so he is using a battery operated one I gave him years ago.  He loves it, but was almost out of D cells. 

Pretty sure I'm starting to cycle manic, but not bad.  I was interested in shopping, and spent a fair amount of time looking at clothes in a store I never frequent.  I also went to Foodtown, and got plenty of icy cold drinks.  I drank a lot, and I'm still kind of dehydrated and toxic. 

It was more humid today, which made for more oppressive.  However, I had really good bus transfers.  I checked on our vending machine, did Foodtown, looked at the discount clothing store, realized I am fat...got the batteries at the dollar store, and came home. 

I would have LOVED to "go thrifting", but it was just too hot.  My feet hurt, and I had all the junk in my bag.  Ron and I will arrange something later this week.   A favorite thrift store is located right next to a fast food place.  Ron will make a trip to the fast food place.  We can eat, and then I can either shop and come back, or I can send Ron home, and take the bus(es) later.  Ron and I get a meal out, I get an outing, and save a couple of hours in the steam table.  That's how it feels, sometimes. 

Before my diagnosis, I would have gone thrifting, and bought anything that appealed to me, in smaller sizes.  I don't do that now.  I have plenty of skinnier clothes.  I don't intend to stay this size for long, but while I am here I can't run around naked. 

Regarding jury duty; I'm fine.  I have plenty of clothes I can mix and match.  Separates are a good word.  For my everyday life, shorts/jeans and a t-shirt suffice nicely.  I'm more of a sporty type, I'm completely happy running around in something simple.  I also like a pretty dress now and then, and wear them well, but I don't need to dress up. 

As I look at current events, things really seem to be coming right out of the Bible.  Plenty of commentary out there, I won't bore you with a repetition.  But I expect I could be raptured anyday.  I also try to live my life, as though I could be raptured any second, OR live another 60 years.  I could.  I have a great-aunt pushing 92 - fiesty as ever. 

I'm just trying to take care of myself, Ron, Bubba-cat, and our business.   Be a good citizen and a better Christian.  Keep the hating and judgements to a minimum, and repent of it when I do. 

Never forget that I'm praying for you, daily.  (((hugs)))

1 comment: