Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The strange face I don't know

Ugh.  Today was loooong. 

I woke up at 1AM, could NOT go back to sleep.  My feet kept hurting, too.  I need to do some research on that. 

Anyway, time to reduce the antidepressant, as directed, so I can sleep at night.  I can't take 2 tablets for very long. 

Woke up, I was so tired I slept through Ron's bath.  I took my shower and kept wondering why the tub was damp, until Ron told me he'd already done his bath. 

It is easier for Ron to take a bath, than to take a shower.  The shower is painful for him, the bath, less so.  If I could get an awesome bathroom fixup I would put in a few grab bars for Ron. 

We went to the warehouse, and to work.  Sales are grim. 

We left work, and Chuck met us.  He dropped me at DPS to renew my ID card.  I had a good book, about 400 pages long.  I read about 250 while I waited. 

No eating or drinking, which meant no Dr Pepper.  Horrible. 

I'm not sure which was worse, being asked my REAL weight, or being told to remove my glasses for the photo.  If I'm awake, I'm wearing my glasses (unless I am in the shower).  Why make me take them off?  If an officer wanted to ID me he would have to have me take my glasses off... I don't get it. 

Anyway, I was handed a piece of paper, with a photo of some stranger... glasses are a part of my face... or were...

Ron and Chuck had gone out to eat, and lingered at a Denny's gossiping while I spent my time at the office.  A good idea, I think.  $16 poorer, they picked me up. 

They took me out to eat, and I had a good, horribly carby, meal.  We came home.  I finished the last couple chapters of my book.  Now I'm just relaxing. 

Ron says we get tomorrow off - and really - to stock what?  [laugh]  So, we're going to run a few errands. 

And, sometime in the next week or two, I'll get my new ID card.  With that strange face, I don't know. 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I wear glasses as well and totally understand...however in
This state no one has asked me to take them off
Sounds like things are better...I am glad