Thursday, August 18, 2011

Yes I went back home

Blogger just told me my blog is popular, would I like to make some money?  I said no thanks.  I figure you, reader, have enough spam in your life without finding it here.  Speaking of canned meat, I do have a "funny" later. 

Sorry to leave you hanging, but I figured it would be stupid and redundant to take a break from Ron, only to post about him. 

So, I went to my aunt's.  I stayed with them (I have an uncle, too) after the last time .  She was happy to have me.

My aunt is a great hostess.  She came and got me after work, and we went to her house.  We had lunch and I took a nap.  When I got up, I felt a lot more human, less of an anxiety-ridden hag.  She has a very welcoming home. 

I told them I had to be back to my life on Thursday morning.  That seemed fine with them, and Ron. 

Ron talked to my uncle, and swore he is not drinking ANY hard stuff. 

I am very annoyed.  Ron had repeatedly sworn he was "only" drinking wine; on many occasions, and now tells me he was drinking vodka.  He didn't think "One mouthful" would matter, or count as drinking.   He flatly told me, Monday morning, he had NEVER had "just wine". 

You can imagine, I was pissed.  I was really happy I was getting away after that. 

Ron had made a big production of pouring out all the vodka.  He swears he will not buy any more.  He swore to my uncle he would not be buying or drinking any "hard stuff". 

My aunt, like me, is an optimist, told me "Well, that's great.  After the last visit, he gave up the everclear, now he is giving up the vodka, maybe next time he will give it up alltogether!" 

My uncle (Ron does not respect many men, my uncle is one of the few), got Ron to commit to only-wine-and-not-to-the-point-of-blackouts.  He got me to agree to a few things,
1.  Call him if Ron drinks anything other than wine. 
2.  Call him if Ron has a blackout.  I told my uncle I would video it as well. 
3  Call them and update regularly.  They were both distressed I had not let them know about the situation sooner. 

I decided, quite appropriately I think, to focus on having fun and not to think, talk, or type about Ron any more than possible.  How many thousands of words has he gotten?  That left YOU hanging, but I think it was the right call for me. 

I focused on having fun, I think you would be proud of me:
1.  Went to Walmart and got a new pair of jeans.  I also got myself a little coffee maker that uses the single bags. 
2.  Went to Academy and got my flashlight headband thing, which was alarmingly on clearance.  I also got myself a $2 keychain flashlight.  It was on clearance too.  I really liked it, but not at $5.  I did like it at $2. 
3.  Went to Whole Foods, and bought some lovely soap, and gluten free pancake mix.  I love pancakes.  Now I can eat them without getting hivey. 
4.  Slept in as late as I could, without getting a headache. 
5.  Made friends with my aunt's cat - kitty is VERY timid.  Party Mix cat treats are great for an icebreaker. 
6. Went to Dollar tree, and got my aunt a few little things. 
7.  Ate bad things, including a pint of Ben & Jerry's. 
8.  Ate my aunt's excellent homecooked food. 
9.  Slept great. 
10.  Read a great  book  - I brought my Kindle. 

When I got home Ron was happy to see me, told me he had a good time.  He told us (my aunt and I) how much he enjoyed taking a bath at 3 AM, one night.  The house was clean, none of the chaos that ensues from a blackout. 

The floor was not clean, but Ron had clearly "Dropped some Pizza" as he walked back to his room. 

I missed my cat terribly.  I could at least see a cat, if not pet her (she is timid).  She liked the cat treats.  My cat kept going to Ron for petting.  Ron wanted to give him a treat one night, and opened up a can of "cat food". 

Not.  Quite.  Cat food.  However, the cat loved it and ate quite a bit.  Amazingly, it did not make him sick.  When I came home, [break to pet cat, who just came up]  I called him and he came running.  I picked him up, hugged him, and kissed him as he sniffed my nose.  When I went to check the mail, he came with me, trotting along at my side. 

Then Ron and I went to work.  We need more supplies, so we can stock.  We did what we could, today. 

We had 2 horrible rides on Metrolift.  I sure didn't miss the drama. 

When we got home, I took a nap.  He let me sleep. 

Bubba cat is eating his can of Fancy Feast Tender Beef, NOT chicken spread.  He is happy.  I need to eat and take my pills, and do my God Time. 

I also plan to take a nice hot bath. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cats can't have onions - they can die. Please make sure that that kind of canned food can't be served to your cat, even by accident!!

Heather Knits said...

I agree, Ron has a cabinet of food he enjoys, stuff that can just be opened and eaten.

It USED to be the cat food cabinet. I showed him "Cat food here, people food there".

Bubba seems fine. I'm glad he's alright, I missed him terribly.