Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A good Day Out.

I had a very fun day out.  I had a little trouble getting to sleep last night, the neighbor's dog was upset about something. 

I think I fixed part of the problem; we have a couple of knotholes on the fence that are the perfect height for a doggy eyeball.  I covered them up so the dog can't look into my yard, and I have to say it has been QUIET.  I think the dog was barking at my cat. 

Anyway, up pretty early, and off with Ron to Walmart.  I felt a little sorry for Ron, the paratransit company had us there for an hour and a half.  He definitely looked a little wilty in his wheelchair as I shopped for a new bra and underwear.  I also got fun things like groceries, craft paint, colored pencils and a pencil sharpener (the manual kind), and a package of t-shirts.  I even had time to make my deposit. 

My sister's birthday is coming up; I have to cover her present.  We had a pretty good trip home, and then Ron went off to the liquor store.  He is off vodka, and "only" drinking wine. 

I took the bus and went to the grocery store.  I got some enzyme booster for doing laundry.  I know, go ahead and laugh, but I want to try it.  I was mad I had forgotten it at Walmart.  Then I stuck it in my backpack and toted it around all the rest of the day.  [snort]  Along with my 6-pack of bottled Diet Dr Pepper. 

I drank the Powerade Zero pretty quick, it is good stuff and really seems to keep me "OK" in the heat.  The heat index was well over 100 degrees, and the evening news featured a guy roasting a potato in his mailbox.  [gulp] 

I considered going to Starbucks, but my usual drinks are hot and sounded utterly revolting.  I passed. 

I went to my favorite dollar store.  When Tropical Storm Don was menacing the Texas coast, I wished I had some more batteries.  So, I got some double and triple a's.  I also got fun things like foot powder, sanitizer, some bodywash (surprisingly good quality), more of my pink double-bladed razors with the moisture strip, etc. 

Since I was in the area, I checked on our vending machine.  It needs stocking.  Yay!  Then I came home. 

Happily, I had really good transfers, and didn't wait long.  I came home, watched a disaster movie, took out the trash, covered up the knotholes, and organized the front room.  Laundry. 

Now I just need to eat, take my pills, a shower, and bed. 

No comments: