Friday, August 26, 2011

"Chew on"

Boy, do I feel like crap.  Yesterday I woke up with a migraine, and it's yet to depart. 

Ron was annoyed we couldn't go run errands.  I was too busy vomiting in my bucket to argue.  I did find it very amusing when he said "When you feel better go take the bus (3 buses, minimum 3 hours waiting in the hot sun) and go fix my watch at Walmart, OK?"  I told him that would not be happening, and I believe I vomited again.   

I don't know what it is, with him and talking watches.  He buys them.  The batteries die.  He tries to replace them.  He goes to mall jewelers in "Cracktown" - who refuse to change out batteries.  He tries to get me to do it.  Then he buys another one, and breaks it.  It's an endless saga with Ron. 

I suggested he go to Walmart by himself, but he rejected it out of hand.  I don't see why not.  The greeter would call for a helper, who could take Ron and do the shopping.  I'm not exclusive; it's not like I am the only one who can help him shop.

Ron was mostly quiet, letting me rest.  I did get very annoyed at him; he kept bringing food past my bedroom and the smell would make me vomit.  I'll have to talk to Ron about that. 

His whole theory with vomiting "The stomach is annoyed because it doesn't have any food to 'chew on'.    You have to eat, and give the stomach something to 'chew on', or it will 'chew itself' and make you vomit."  I have told him, again and again, I don't care what YOU do, but I cannot eat until I get an appetite back.  If that means I fast for a couple days, so be it. 

Ron used to be so demanding, pushing his theory, he would force me to eat.  I would vomit again, and he'd say "See, you waited too long to eat."  I finally had a lightbulb moment in 2001 and flatly refused to eat when nauseous.  Anyway, he kept telling me I had to eat...blah, blah... I kept telling him no, no, no. 

I woke up last night desperately craving some sugarfree fruit punch.  I made up a batch and I was able to hold that down.  I sipped on that all night as I'd wake up.  I still have an evil headache, but I think I'll live. 

I don't know what I wanted from Ron yesterday, but I didn't feel like I got it. 

No comments: