Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hopeless Despair

During my last mania, I thought to myself "My depressions aren't so bad".  Boy.   Was I wrong. 

A pretty horrible depression, ongoing.  Turns out the kitten kept waking me up.  What is it with creatures waking me up all night? 

I put him outside, Bubba-cat had been objecting to his presence, also.  Bubba got in my lap once, in January, when I was depressed.  The little guy would be happy to live in my lap.  They need to sort all that out before Junior moves in.  In the meantime, I am feeding him and watering him.  He seems very happy.  I snuck out earlier and got a cuddle, but was caught in the act by Bubba, who protested. 

Worst case, we will re-home him.  He is such a charmer I don't see a problem getting him a "Forever Home". 

After our pipe broke last week, I was obsessing about it and why us, would it happen again?  God let me know, many different ways, "Heather, this happens during a severe drought and heatwave".  Just today, I saw a broken pipe in our neighborhood, and one while riding through another.  I am watering the foundation with a soaker hose, as suggested by my next-door-neighbor, the contractor.  He's the one who turned off our water. 

In the meantime, I'm just trying to live one hour at a time.  I am maxed out on medication, maximum doses on everything. 

I was thinking today, as I stocked our machines.  I thought, "You know, whenever I had this level of depression before medication I was obsessed with Bad Thoughts.  Now, at least, I don't think about harming myself.  I 'only' feel hopeless depsair." 

I know God can use this for good, if I just hang in there and take care of myself. 

No comments: