Sunday, August 21, 2011

Better than that

I should start off by saying I'm in my happier, medicated place right now. 

It's true, you know. 

"As a mood stabilizer, lithium is probably more effective in preventing mania than depression, and may reduce the risk of suicide in certain bipolar patients"  (source, Wikipedia)

For me, absolutely.  The last time I had a depression this bad, I made some very dark plans.  I feel like all I did today was fight depression; and it was an ugly battle. 

Sure I did some laundry, trying to organize, cleaned all Ron's fingermarks off the walls (he uses the walls to hold himself up as he walks), and had some cuddle time with the cats.  Mainly, though I grapped with a lot of anxiety and despair. 

I am worn out, and it's not all my medication.  [shudder]  I hope tomorrow is better than that! 

No comments: