Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A lot about female issues

I didn't get enough sleep this morning, passed on my God Time, and woke up at 3. 

I got a field report from "my" missionary.  Sounds like things are going well "over there". 

Went to work, stocked, and I did a little fall decorating (gourds, changing leaves).  Ron and I went to Walmart.  Well, it took 2 hours total to get to Walmart, from work.  Aagh. 

Ron wanted a new fan, and got it.  He's happy.  I got some soda, I'm happy.  I also got some girl stuff for later. 

Ron asked me if I was curious about the "new" medication that "enables" me to only have 4 cycles a year.  I said, no thanks! 

1.  Birth Control pills, the old ones, were strongly linked to female cancers. 
2.  I don't need to worry about my fertility - Ron is fixed.   He's my only "playmate". 
3.  I don't like "new" drugs; they always seem to develop "serious side effects" and I have enough problems. 
4.  I met a woman, about my age.  She was completely paralyzed on one side.  She had a stroke a few weeks after starting birth control.  And the guy?  He left her.  Now her little boy has to help with the caregiving.  She said she tells every woman she meets to be VERY careful with birth control.  She had no family history of heart attack or stroke. 
5.  I take enough pills, thank you! 
6.  The last thing I need is anything that could cause weight gain. 
7.  I don't put anything in my mouth unless it's absolutely necessary; I don't know how a hormonal drug could affect my illness. 
8.  Money, money, money. 

So, I'll just go along with my regular cycle and buy my girl stuff.  One interesting thing, my cycle has been incredibly regular since my diagnosis.  Maybe regulating the moods also regulated the cycle. 

While I'm on the subject of femininity; when did it become acceptable to show half the breast in everyday wear?  I could put up photos, but I have to assume some of you are men and I don't want to "cause my brother to stumble".  Today, while waiting at Walmart, on our ride, I saw many women walking by, showing half the breast.  99% of the time, it was a BAD look. 

I'm sorry, but a large, DDD flabby, unsupported breast flopping around, 3/4 exposed, in a "sundress" is just a bad look.  It, in my opinion, made the woman look heavier.  Flabby, flopping breast - not a good look. 

Hah.  You can tell I'm no lesbian! 

I noticed that yesterday, when looking at some dresses at a popular department store.  I found two dresses in particular.  Both fit.  Both were a cute style.  One was a blue floral, gauzy over solid, romantic style sundress.  I put it on, over my bra.  You could see half my bra, middle, top, and sides.  NEXT! 

I found a very cute, "professional" style dress.  I would have loved it if I still worked in an office.  It buttoned up the front and had a high collar, cut down the front..... very far.  Again, seeing the bra.  Most of the front, all the way to the bottom band. 

Maybe I'm unrealistic.  I'm not wearing an unusual bra.  It supports the girls and has some padding, something that became necessary as I got bigger.  Guys were... distracted without the padding. 

I am not complaining.  Ron's happy; and I'm well aware many women spend $20K or so to get an increase like mine.  No pain, no surgery, and I have to take the medication anyway for my mental health. 

Modern fashion and modesty -  the paradox.  I don't think I need something like this: 
Although I bet it would be comfortable to wear around the house.  I could check the mail without having to change, or run outside and put up the trash can. 

One of the reasons I plan to go thrifting tomorrow.  I always have fun, even if I don't buy anything. 

Tomorrow I need to talk to Ron, he is asking me to help him buy wine.  This happened before: "See. I'm fine".  And he would be, for a WHILE. 

I ducked the question, and basically implied I might get him some later, if he proves himself.  I need to sit down (preferably in public) and tell him (again) "I will never buy you alcohol, ever, again."  No explanations, no excuses.

He isn't STUPID. 

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Wine beer whiskey vodka ect...you know it is all feeding the alcoholic demon inside him
As you know I am concerned he may have a life threatening withdrawal anywayBut that is truly his choice...he also could see his doctor...say " i have a problem " we do have meds that help ease effects of the withdrawal And he could do it at home under doctors supervision...but you know I think it would be better to start him in patient...seriously Heather he needs medical help ...i know you call it "pride" but he is and addict...pride has nothing to do with it...genetics and addiction are keeping hold of him...besides he obviously thinks he still has control
If you buy wine you are enabling him pure and simple
made a stand for your own sake...hold to it dear girl
Good luck with this...I will say no more..you know all this anyway...hugs to you!

Heather Knits said...

Oh, I agree.

He absolutely has a problem, and I will never help him buy any alcohol unless it is the "rubbing" kind.