Saturday, August 20, 2011

Another glass of wine

Ron woke up.  Wanted to know how I was doing.  "Depressed".  He asked what he could do, I said a hug, maybe.  So, he gave me a hug. 

Then he went into trip-planner mode.  What did we need to do? 

I told him I thought it would be easier if I made my own trip to DPS (I have an expired ID card).  He said, no, he'd work it in... letting me know non verbally it was just a HUGE burden on him.  I said, forget it, I'll do it myself. 

Then he started interrogating me why I HAD to do it in person.  Well, excuse me.  My thing expired, and they used to renew it online for 2 years.  Now they only renew it online for a year.  I didn't even get a chance to finish before he is nagging me and telling me I HAVE to tell him the expiration date on the new card. 

I said, I doubted we'd be here anyway (with current events).  I still HAD to tell him, he demanded. 

I said FORGET IT, I am getting it myself.  He took offense at my "attitude". 

I told him, look, I asked you for help, you said no. Fine.  But I don't need a lecture on top of that!  I'm getting my new ID card, on my own, without his help, so what does he care? 

UGH. 

Then he served himself another glass of wine and stomped off to his room. 

Metro Bus is being wierd about the trip planning, I can only plan trips for today, which I'm obviously not.   But it looks to be pretty easy, just a couple of buses. 

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Congrats on the kitty..sorry about the depression...

Heather what you are going through what would put a "normal" over the edge!

Glad you had time with you auntand uncle

Heather you had a "fun day out" all the time alone when I started following your writings

You need those to survive Rons crash and burn ...and remain intact
Wine or vodka...I know you know it doesn't matter

He needs in patient detox and he is the only one.(..unless you have to call 911) who can choose when he is ready

I know the stress must be incredible...but please know anyone with or with out meds would find this near impossible to get through

Take care...have days out alone and fortify yourself!

Anonymous said...

I just don't understand why your Uncle thinks it's OK for Ron to drink wine but not the other stuff. A person can get drunk on wine also.

Sounds like Ron is really worried that you are going to leave him that's why he is up in your business about renewing the ID card without him.

I think 30 days in rehab would be a good idea for Ron and give you a break from him to sort out what you want to do. Good Luck. Change is never easy.

Heather Knits said...

I told Dad, I remain highly skeptical. I think this will end badly. However, all I can do at present is leave him in God's hands.

He is letting me sleep, thank God. No blackouts - but I don't really expect any drunken drama. The general theme here is a quiet period, escalating to blackouts and possibly violence.

Whatever happens, I've certainly doumented it. The thing with rehab, he has to WANT it, and he doesn't.

In the meantime, I plan to get my new ID card (looks pretty painless, only two buses), this week.