Monday, May 23, 2011

Laxatone

Bubba has been rather lethargic, the last week or so.  Ron's been very anxious and decided to take him to the vet. 

I got up at 3 AM, went to work, worked a full day, came home, stuffed Bubby in his carrier, and took him to the vet, in a cab, with Ron.  Boy, what a production. 

He has lost about a pound and a half, he's "Only" 11 pounds.  She did a very detailed exam, and said he is fine, but most likely a hairball.  She dosed him with Laxatone. 

As I told Ron, it's coming out now, one end or the other.  Boy, is it coming.  I've had other hairball cats.  I get the joy of dosing him for the next couple days. 

If he doesn't perk up, she wants to see him in another week or two. 

I found it very encouraging that Bubby was his usual charming self, to the humans, but had plenty of growling for the vet cat that approached him as we waited to be seen. 

If he were really sick, he wouldn't have cared. 

No comments: