Friday, May 20, 2011

False prophet

As an evangelical Christian, I guess I "have" to say something about the current rapture prediction.  All of these quotes are from the NKJV Bible, copyright

Let's see what Jesus said:
"36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven,[a] but My Father only. 37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be."
Matthew 24

"50 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him and at an hour that he is not aware of, 51 and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth"
More Matthew 24

"32 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
Mark 13:32

One of my favorites; Jesus is VERY clear. 
"45 But if that servant says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying his coming,’ and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and be drunk, 46 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes."
Luke 12:45-47


Just in case you thought God would actually rapture us tomorrow, which he COULD, the Bible is very clear on one thing; we may know the season, and it's the season, but no one knows the actual day. 

How many people would live completely immoral lives until one day before the Rapture, then get saved?  Most!  I probably would! 

The only purpose I can see in the upcoming "false alarm" - everyone has certainly learned about the rapture.  In fact, the Bible says, that:
3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water.

2 Peter 3:3-6

So, yeah, we are absolutely going to be mocked.  I am sure there will be plenty of it in days to come.  However, the actual mocking is yet another sign of the imminent rapture! 

A closing thought:
2 Timothy 4:2
2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

ok do not take me literally but when I read about this ..I just turned to my girlfriend at work who follows the same belief structure you do

and said

"so when you go can i have your jet ski?" we both fell off the chairs laughing it is so obsurd event to people like me...no one has the "date" of anything on this earth ..I know that painfully

so I am ok with the jokes it is just stupid and people just should know better

Heather Knits said...

You can have my electronic book, Heidi. [wink] I don't expect to go anywhere for the next little bit, but you never know. Now my wishes are DOCUMENTED.

Enjoy the book! [laugh]

Heidi said...

Lol I am trying, to figure out my book app on my iPad now and not being a techno wizard this is not easy!