Thursday, May 26, 2011

Don't scare the customers.

I was really glad I ask God to put His thoughts, in my head. 

Today we went to work.  I helped Ron with various things (they aren't buying snacks, but they are buying drinks), and at one point he realized I had put the donuts in the big stockroom. 

He was very upset.  I got pretty annoyed but managed to hold back. 

While I was waiting on the ride, I thought to myself: I got 3 deliveries.  I had a quarterly review.  I helped the repairman.  I stocked.  I took money out of the vending machines, counted it, and bundled it for deposit.  I had 5 hours. I did a good job. 

I didn't jump on Ron with it; I waited.  I could tell he was equally angry at HIMSELF for neglecting the donuts.  As we went home, we started talking about our trips for tomorrow. 

"By the way" I mentioned casually 'The next time I have 3 deliveries, a pull (the money), a repairman, our boss, and stocking, I'm going to need MORE than 5 hours".  He agreed happily. 

Problem solved. 

My hives are mad; and oozing.  Yuck.  They'll scab over and stop itching soon, then I'll apply my wonderful steroid cream later, after my shower. 

I heard from my friend, the lady who is distributing the Bibles.  She said she is going to make it a family event.  Sounds fun!  I think she is a little skeptical about the QUANTITY, but with what I've heard, I'm glad I sent everything.  In total, several hundred items. 

Well, I have a couple Gospels of John with a lady in a wheelchair on the front; and a few Chinese-language scripture booklets, but that's it!  Oh, and Ron said the postage was "on him", it was a gift, not a loan. 

Yay!  I also need to contact Grace and Truth, and get more "The Value of Trials" and "Why Does God allow Trouble?"  I thought those were good disaster tracts.  Maybe get some more "As in the Days of Noah" and "Debt Paid", too. 

I was talking to the Jehovah's Witness at work; one thing we do have in common - we take our faith seriously.  He told me once I couldn't *save* him, and I agreed.  I told him only God could do that, and only if he asked God to do it.  After that we made a truce. 

Anyway, I mentioned how I'd sent the Bibles off, and he said, after Hurricane Katrina [thousands of people were evacuated to a stadium in downtown Houston], the JW's at the shelter reported a tremendous demand for Bibles, but once they left the stadium they couldn't return. 

I felt very validated.  People really want Him right now. 

Ugh.  It is miserably hot today.  I'm hiding inside, and I'm hot and itchy and I really need to learn DON'T PUT WHEAT IN MY MOUTH, EVER.  AGH.  It is my fault. 

Well, fire ant bites are worse, so I have that. 

I need to finish the laundry, but it's too hot to run the dryer.  Tomorrow, we also need to get a quote from USAA (my Dad was in the Army) for homeowners insurance.  That's due pretty soon. 

I also need to pick my pole beans, they are ready.  I think we got some rain last night, not much, but a dab.  Either that or my neighbor's sprinkler is shooting 30 feet into my yard (doubtful). 

Ron just came out and told me it's 95 degrees.  No wonder I feel cranky.  And itchy. 

NEVER eat wheat.  I'm going to have to wear my long, baggy, cotton pants tomorrow so my legs don't scare the customers.

1 comment:

heidi said...

I can not eat wheat either..well I have been but should not do it! I have fallen hard off the low carb wagon and feel fat horrible and my blood pressure is high and this makes no sense...white food like flour sugar rice and potatoes,make me fat depressed hypertensive and miserable ....and yet I have been on a horrible binge :(