Friday, May 13, 2011

The blog ate my homework

[weeping]  Blogger must have been hacked, or suffered some deep trauma.  When they did the system reset, I lost a couple of day's worth of blog. 

How odd, to try to blog, and I couldn't.  Dude, you guys are a part of my life, and it felt like an amputation. 

Yesterday we went to work, worked, and then went by the wholesale warehouse.  Ron prefers to go to the warehouse after work, take the merchandise home, and then take it to work the next day. 

I prefer to get one of the flatbed carts, seat Ron on the cart, and push him around the store.  They don't have manual wheelchairs, only electric scooters. 

Ron's blind.  Walking is "out" thanks to the neuropathy (we were discussing it today, and both agreed the neuropathy is worse than the accident and resultant stroke), but the cart is "in".  Management understands. 

We've done it a few times and I love it, pushing Ron around, chattering away, stacking merchandise all around him, and teasing the cashier "I couldn't find a tag" and they tell me I can "have" him. 

He said he's been working on directing his anger at God, at God.  He's done a great job.  No verbal abuse, I am happy.  I used to dread him walking in the room. 

Today he gave me the day off (we work tomorrow), and I slept in a little.  My neighbor has placed the trash can directly against the wall of my house, and whenever they throw something out it wakes me up.  Small issue. 

Compared to some of the other dramas, it is minor. 

I decided to buy something, and got the money and account slip so I could make the deposit and buy it online.  I got my knitting bag, and put it by the door. 

I left the house with my handcart (I planned to buy a few groceries) and was halfway down the road before I realized, I left my backpack, and money, at home.  I bought my groceries (had that money) and came home. 

Ron had made a trip to the liquor store.  He was gone.  I'd bought some wrapped cinnamon rolls to hand out, and they were popular.  It's a good "candy" alternative on a hot day. 

I called him, and invited him on an outing when we got home.  We could go to Starbucks, or McDonalds, or the chicken place.  I'd push him in the wheelchair to the bus stop and we'd take the bus. 

He was a little amibalent, but I whined and pouted until he said yes.  A few pointed comments about WANTING to spend time with my husband... and he was happy to come. 

He just wanted me to coax him.  I really think, he has this horrible image, of me struggling and straining to push him in the wheelchair; suffering in agony the whole time. 

It's not hard.  It's really no different from pushing a shopping cart.  Except the contents of my cart, talk. 

We got ready, and left.  I went back to the bank and made the deposit.  Then we went to fast food row.  We had several choices.  Chinese.  Fried Chicken.  Hamburgers.  Tacos. 

We agreed a value meal burger sounded best.  We went, shared a large drink, and had a great little date.  He talked about the book he was reading, and I talked about the garden. 

Then I pushed him home. 

1 comment:

Harry said...

here is a hint
do you blog entries to yourself in an email ..then copy it to the blog keep a copy in a folder either on your computer or to be double sure on a chip?

it was wierd from this end I check in wiht you ever couple of days ..ate least once a week and I knew I had read a post that was no longer there ..but now it is back!
very wierd!

I do not have the brain to comprehend the world wide web!!! LOL!!!