Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I need my lithium!

Ron's off the Gabapentin, and in horrible pain.  It is really awful to watch him suffer; I'd rather endure a depression than see HIM hurting. 

Love.  It can really resemble a hostage situation.  I remember thinking it when Ron was in ICU; after his accident.  "If Ron didn't matter to me, than I wouldn't be hurting". 

Trying to stay upbeat;  glad I have my faith.  If faith really is a shield; Ephesians 6:16 "taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one."; then mine has some battle scars!  Hooo! 

I am singing along, loudly, with Theocracy's "Laying the Demons to Rest".  It's not pretty, I'm glad Ron is out. 

So, I feel God wants me to do a Bible Handout on Mother's day.  Having "lost" my mother at a young age, I never much liked it.  Yes, I had my adoptive mother, but every other kid I knew lived with the woman who'd given birth to him.  It turns out my mother actually died on Mother's Day weekend.  Very tragic for my sister, she and the kids had gone out; and the Police showed up. 

I'll do it, of course.  I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun.  God willing, the cat WILL NOT bring me a gift. 

I saw Doc today.  He found it interesting to hear about my "adventures" with the proton pump inhibitor delusions, and getting suicidal when I tried to stop the aspartame.  He agreed maybe it was better to drink the diet soda.  I told him eating pickles seems to help with the nausea, and reaffirmed that I am happy on my current cocktail. 

I told him I don't mind sucking up the side effects to stay sane; it's a lot better than "before".  The only bad part of the visit, when we were getting ready to leave.  The printer jammed up while printing my lithium prescription, and I think I got a little shrill stating my need for lithium. 

Then we met my aunt and went out to lunch.  We had a good time, and I got to see adorable newborn grand-daughter photos. 

I ate something with sugar, and am currently mildly depressed.  I really need to go cold turkey on the sugar.  Boy, that stuff is EVIL. Especially when I sell it, for a living.  ACK. 

So, my Day Out was more of a Doc Day.  Not complaining.  The weather finally cooled off a bit and I'm enjoying it while it lasts.  Tomorrow we need to go to work; so hopefully I will get Thursday as my Day Out. 

I canned up the meat, and only one jar didn't seal; so that's a lot of meat on the shelf ready to eat.  I also canned up some strawberries I found at Foodtown, in their own juice, and canned up Ron's favorite pinto bean dish.  It came out beautifully. 

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I feel the same way about my welbutrin!!! you can mess with almost anything in my life but do not mess with my welbutrin I can not LIVE with out it..I will be "alive" but not "living"

I want to know what Ron's favorite pinto bean dish is..no one here eats pintos!!!! I do not get it they are right up there in my most favorite bean

sugar is evil ..it sneaks right back into your diet ..like booze to a drunk ..I think those of us who had alcoholics in our family can also while we can avoid drinking ..tend to have issues with sugar ...I am "on" or "off" sugar there is no in between ..right now I am doing pretty well with just fruits no refined sugar but if I eat one "bad" thing it is a slippery slope!!!

Heather I may have missed it but why is Ron off the gabapenten is it because of drinking? I am sorry I did not get the reason

many hugs from my garden to yours!

Heather Knits said...

He got tired of the blackouts, Heidi. Rather than cut the alcohol, he cut the prescription.

I'll put up the recipe when I get back from my day out.