Sunday, May 8, 2011

Ha!  I got too smug about beating the depression.  Hoooo-eeee.  Nasty, vicious thing.  A lot of people view depression as something like this: 

Ew, get it away from me.  Shrieky, but not deadly. 


I view it as more like this:
Source
THAT is a very good representation of my depressions.  I knew I wasn't having a good day, when I didn't want to feed the birds or water the plants.  Both are helpless and dependent.  I love them and enjoy their company. 

I had to compromise.  I fed the birds, and filled up the birdbaths.  I knew I didn't have the juice to water all the plants, so I have special, hose, attention to the potted plants, and put out the sprinkler. 

As a former California resident, I have been indoctrinated in water conservation.  I learned quite a bit about irrigation techniques, water conservation, and managing resources.  A sprinkler is a horrible waste of water; a lot of it never even gets to the ground.  However, I could screw it onto the hose, leave the water running for several minutes, come back and all the plants had nice moist ground. 

I picked a tomato, I didn't pick the beans.  I watered the plants, but not in the "optimal" manner.  Since it's been so dry I think I actually did the plants a favor with the overhead soaking.  However, the flock, and the sprouties, are all happy and content. 

I don't want to watch TV.  I don't want to read.  I don't have any energy for housework.  I didn't even want to download some new music (and I could use a few new tunes).  My energy level is pretty much zero. 

What have I done?  Well, I did the handout, I took care of Ron, I did laundry, took care of my basic needs, and did some of my "things I love to do" even though I didn't feel like it.  All the pills are onboard, and yes this will pass. 

I just need to hang in there.  Later on: God Time, and a bubble bath. 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

hope you are feeling better Heather ..at least you do know the tide always turns

OOOXXX