Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Well, that was unpleasant

[GROAN]

Monday night I tried a new brand of sausage for dinner. I'm the only one who ate it. Yesterday I got up early. I'd made Ron some beef stew, we each ate a bowl. Ron dropped me at Walmart and I headed off.

I had a "feeling" that I would make a big score at a thrift store. However, the light was busted and NO WAY am I running across the street without a functioning pedestrian light. I have seen 3 people hit by cars, and the one thing that really sticks in my head, other than the horrendous FORCE involved, is the extreme pain suffered by the victims!

Like most people, I seek to avoid pain. So, me, my hand cart, and my big poncho waited at the bus stop in the rain. Ron promised he would make a trip to that side of the street for me, so I could run over and shop, then ride home with him. Ron? He would get Mexican food.

I was pretty hungry so I ate a couple of double cheeseburgers. I am mentioning the food for a reason.

I went to Favorite Dollar, and headed over to a yarn shop. I had a great time looking at all the yarns. I think Ron will have an easier time learning to use the knitting board if I use a chunky yarn to teach him, instead of the double stranded regular yarn. I ended up getting a ball.

Chunky yarns aren't cheap! However, I think the money will be well-spent if Ron can pick up an enjoyable hobby. It's great to make something out of a ball of yarn, then give it to someone and listen to them squeal over it.

That's one regret I have with Marianne and Sharon (Marianne was Zer on the low carb board); I never made them anything before they died. Heck, I haven't even finished the thing I'm working on for Mom. I think because her approval matters more to me. If she didn't squeal over it... good thing she doesn't read here.

So, I think this will be fun for Ron, but am praying on how to approach it. I think I will bring it with us somewhere and as we wait on a ride Ron will exclaim "I'm so BORED!" then out comes the knitting board... [grin]

I considered getting some scarf yarn to make myself a scarf. It would have to match my army surplus hat and gloves in black. My "big" coat is a wedgewood blue. I have various jackets, my favorite being the navy fleece zip-up jacket. I finally decided, black or charcoal grey, and realized I had TONS of that at home.

Today, while digging through the yarn box, I decided navy would be better. I have a lovely soft navy wool, and a nice navy wool/silk blend. I can double strand them and make a nice scarf out of that. I also dug out some nice charcoal heather (giggle), wool/mohair blend. I may make myself two scarves. I mean, why not? I already bought the yarn. Before I really got the right medication, I used to buy a lot of yarn when manic. I have pruned out quite a bit but still have plenty of lovely stuff.

Anyway, I had fun. Walked out of there only spending $4 or so. The lines are always slow, so I got out my knitting project (the pastel leftover garter stitch afghan), and worked on that. The manager started laughing when he saw me.

I caught the bus, RIGHT before it started pouring. I thanked the driver profusely. He told me he was running late, I gestured outside and said "Perfect timing for me". :)

I considered going to Academy, but figured I have enough clothes right now. Plenty of underwear, bras, t-shirts, and capris. I also have tons of jeans in the closet when it gets cooler.

Speaking of clothes, I need to mount a hunt for Ron's t-shirts. He said he can't find them. Probably in the washer waiting to get washed.

I went to Starbucks, again got in right before the rain. Did 4 rows on the afghan while watching the rain. My mood was pretty depressed, and I finally admitted I needed more medication. I took an additional Wellbutrin and lithium with my drink. I just felt like everything I said was socially off - I felt very Fetal Alcohol and maladapted socially.

I finally gave myself some mental slaps and decided to go to the Christian bookstore. I had some questions about kiddie New Testaments for trick-or-treaters. I talked to the order guy, determined they didn't have what I was seeking, and I'd be better going with the "Biblica" (International Bible Society) Childrens NIRV New Testaments - good for ages 5-10. The older kids will get an "Invitation" New Testament. Probably, ALL kids will get a scripture booklet designed for kids.

I got some smarties wrapped in Bible verses. You can look at www.scripturecandy.com It's a really cool idea. Take candy, wrap it in a Bible verse. The "Smartie" types have more than one verse, too. I find them encouraging to me, as I bag the candy.

I headed off to the bus stop. Handed out lots of candy at the bus stops and on my home bound buses. I am glad God can use me.

I got off and rolled home down the street. I had a little fantasy on the bus, where the bus went right down the street and dropped me at the corner. It does not. I can use the exercise, I guess.

I wasn't feeling right. It seemed too hot and I felt off. I came home and found a huge box from World Missionary Press on the porch. Awesome. Scripture booklets! The carrier had positioned them out of the rain.

I dragged them in and started to unload. I still felt "wrong". I took a nice cool bath, figuring perhaps I was overheated. Still felt off.

I told Ron I felt "wierd" and then laid down. [groan] Let's just say, it's a good thing Ron bought the nice padded toilet seat. I spent a lot of time on it.

Digestive upset. Food-borne illness. Really unpleasant several hours. I didn't vomit, and was able to take my PM pills, so I was resigned. I drank a lot of electrolyte drink. Ron was my hero. He came and talked to me as I laid in bed, said all the nice things I love to hear, and even got in and cuddled me carefully. I have to be careful about touching him, so I just lay on my side and he spooned up behind me. The nerve disease really does a number on cuddles, let me tell you.

He got me a couple of bottled sodas, at my request. [sigh] Pretty bad time for a while there until about 10. I finally went to sleep.

I woke up today with a horrible headache that was probably a mild migraine. About the only thing I managed was a trip to the restaurant with Ron. I headed over to the thrift store and made a huge haul; books on evangelism, kiddie Bible books, tons of inspirational romances, and even some New Testaments.

I had my cart, which came in handy. I needed it. I dragged it back to Ron, and got us home. As soon as we got home, into bed again, and just now got up. I managed to get the trash out last night, and the cans in today.

I need to freeze up what's left of the beef stew. Even though Ron didn't get sick I am a little suspicious of it.

I'll make it... but boy am I wiped out.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Heather ~ Sorry you were sick! {{{HUGS}}} Hope your feeling ALOT better by now!!