Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fly away

When God calls me home, I am ready. [laugh] I mean, read ONE week of posts. For a woman who hates drama, I have far too much in my life.

I slept terribly because Ron's little friend kept getting into the yard and barking under my bedroom window all night. I got up at 5, because we had to go to work. The next door neighbor came over and I said "She is getting into our yard, I guess she needs to go back onto the chain." She agreed. Yet, when we come home, the dog is running all over our property.

The dog is a car chaser. They're on the corner of a busy street. This will not end well for them. [shrug] Their problem.

Me, I'm a cat person. Cats are pretty undemanding. I feed him and water him - both are feeder type dispensers so he could probably go a week without additional supplies. He likes to hang out around me, and is happy to sleep in my bed when I'm in it. He uses a corner I prepared in the yard. He lets himself in and out his cat door. If I'm sick in bed for days, he's fine. He won't get into mischief if I leave him alone too long.

In fact, we left him "alone" for about a week and he did fine. He had plenty of food and water, his cat door, he was happy. He was glad to see us, and probably worried, but he's undemanding. He left a nice bird head next to my chair.

He never gets into my lap, but enjoys sitting next to me on the couch. Seeing the dog has really made me appreciate cats even more, and Master in particular. That's what I call him, Master. The dumb animal goes to work.

So, we went to work. The traffic was virtually non-existent. So were the sales! I had to stock for about half an hour, and so did Ron, but that was IT. Ron was happy; I pushed him, in the wheelchair out to the "bus stop", unloaded him, and then pushed the chair back to our stockroom and locked it up. I did the same thing in reverse this morning. He likes having the work chair, at work. Fine with me.

I went back in, locked everything up, and came out. I don't want to talk about the ride to meet my family (aunt and uncle), because I am in danger of getting very negative: 1. Driver was playing games - Oh, I missed the turn. I missed it again. [rolleyes] That. 2. Very hostile client took one look at me and started ranting about crazy people, including yelling at the driver for parking next to her house number "Because now I knew where she lived"... and she didn't want "crazy women coming to her house". WHAT? What kind of diseased mind comes up with that? I was just happy to see the back of her, getting off the van! It gets wierder.

3. Passing the same store 4 times, while I hear continued "Oh, I... " excuses. 4. Did not know how to use the "arrow" style GPS on the computer; refused to call for assistance. More driving in circles. 5. Riding us around for a total of 2.5 hours when the maximum allowed is 2. 6. Refusing to let me off to use the bathroom, when she was parked and talking to dispatch anyway. I had to say I would pee on the seat, then she took her sweet time opening the door. Making me beg, essentially. 7. Refusing to open the door when we finally got to our destination, because "I am talking to my supervisor on the radio". Supervisor was yelling at her for riding us around so long. She took so long refusing to open the door, I had Ron sit down again (standing is exceptionally painful).

I'll just leave it at, I'm glad I had taken another lithium before I got on the van. Depression had been kicking me pretty bad. Then completely... exasperated.

It's especially annoying and very obvious she will not "make" it as a driver. She got all upset over the client. She kept going on about how rude and terrible the woman was. Nothing really was said to the driver. She got all freaked out when Ron and I wryly said we had seen worse. She kept complaining. Got very upset when the supervisor said she messed up. She may be gone tonight; I doubt she'll be around in a month.

In the meantime, I am praying and asking God to please help me have kind and loving thoughts in my head towards that hatey client, and the driver playing "headgames". Ugh. I have a real distaste for headgames. Just go to work and do the job you're being paid to do! Play games off the clock.

Ugh. In this EXCELLENT frame of mind, we met my aunt and uncle for lunch. It wasn't our best visit ever, I needed to decompress, but it was good. We had a good visit, I ate, took more lithium, and we had a great return trip.

I am just so glad I am home now. Today was exhausting.

I thought to myself, this is what I get for handing out Jesus. The Devil is attacking me any way he can, trying to shut me up or ruin my witness (make me into a judging hater and render the Message ineffective). Instead, I handed out more stuff and prayed my way through the worst of it.

I reminded myself that the bad guy doesn't bother with worthless Christians, and I must be doing SOME damage to demonic strongholds to get that kind of attack. I hope I did OK in God's eyes.

As I sat down, my music cued up a song "On Eagles' Wings". "Fly away, on eagles wings..." Very appropriate. I am sure ready to fly.

No comments: