Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A trip to the land of wierdness

Man... it was wierd. I think I told you, last week, Ron and the other vendor went in on a group order. They order sodas together because the company has a 4 pallet minimum (that's about 400 cases of pop). Ron can always use about 50 or so, and the other guy saves the money he would have "had" to spend otherwise.

So, last Monday they wanted the check. The order was due to arrive Friday. I was going to date it for Friday but Ron said Wednesday was fine. OK.

I remind myself, on occasion, that RON is on the deed. It is Ron's business; not mine. I am not allowed to be on the paperwork due to Blind Vendor Regulations. I'm OK with that. My job title is "Assistant" manager. Not boss! [laugh]

Yessir. I made it out as requested, then handed it over. Days passed. I got their milk delivery and put it up. Maybe I need to shut up about it. If I'm doing it because I am a good Christian, than maybe I need to stop bleating about it! [ha ha] I am glad I am getting back to my fiesty old self.

So, Friday it was impossible to get the soda, they had a total of 5 pallets inbound within a few hours. Ron says "I've got plenty of Coke".

Today we went in and "Carrie" told us "They haven't broken it down yet. (we haven't got your soda separated from ours)" I went and told Ron.

Ron said he'd talk to the other guy about it. I said we had 2 cases as Ron spoke to the other vendor. I said, if we get a couple of cases we can make it until Friday, and get it then.

No, the other vendor leaps in! He'll help his employee unload the pallet so Ron can get his Cokes! He's going to HAND THEM TO ME and I stack them on the cart. If Ron could see, I would have given him a LOOK.

I figured, fairly accurately, that he wouldn't get up to much mischief with his employee (who is also a relative) standing next to him and witnessing the entire show. 99% of it went fine. Stacking Cokes on the cart. Rolling it into my stockroom, and unloading it with "Buddy's" help. I like Buddy. He's a good guy.

"Oh" I said. "So, Buddy, did I tell you about the wasp next in my smoker?" I told Ron about it and I could tell he was annoyed. "I thought he would be PROFESSIONAL." I reminded Ron, this is why I don't want to be alone with the guy. If he is saying this in front of a witness....

If he had been kidding, months ago, when this whole thing erupted...he would have used that as a defense. It would have been a good one, actually. Instead, it never happened and I was a "liar" and "crazy". [raised eyebrows]

So, so, happy I went home with Ron.

My cold pills have me a little hyper; phenylephrine tends to do that. It's a derivative of psuedoephedrine, which REALLY made me freak out. Please, always respect your working body as a gift from God. Do not do what I did; but when Ron was comatose and the doctors kept talking about pulling the plug, I'd take a sudafed and drink a Mountain Dew whenever I wanted to remain upright for another dozen hours. I'd also wash down the old diet pills, the over the counter ones that had ephedra.

Thank you, God, for Your protection. I probably should have had a stroke. So, that was the most uncomfortable part of my day.

I slept a little too lightly, I had taken my decongestant right before bedtime. I need to avoid doing that tonight.

I got up and Ron said "Oh, Heather! I have a recording for you!" Ron records all kinds of things. Sometimes it's an infomercial, a comedy spot, or political commentary. It might be a televengelist.

I thought he was a bit insensitive (I try to be honest with you) for dumping something on me. "WHAT?" "Come listen!"

OK, OK. He holds his digital recorder up to my ear.

It starts with a growing rumble and soft brushing sounds, as the cat walks up to the digital audio recorder.
The rumble increases, and licking noises are heard.
Loud rumbling and more brushing noises.
Loud rumbles interspersed with sniffing as kitty scents his cat treats.
Dry crunching, as the rumbling continues, and moist chewing noises.
More rumbling, swallowing, and scent-marking of the tape recorder.
Repeat 3 more times, one for each additional treat Ron served "Master".

I loved it! Ron showed it off to a few people and they loved the virtual treating. He was so pleased.

In fact, if I'm having a really bad time and getting overwhelmed, I might suggest (beforehand) that Ron make me listen to the clip to calm me down. Better than a pill!

We had tropical storm rainbands so we just came home. I had a very odd experience as our ride pulled up. I am sure you are aware some freak is throwing acid in women's faces here in America. The driver took one look at me, and refused to unlock the doors.

Oh-Kay. I said, through the window, I was Mr. Ron's wife and I'd be right back with him. I went and got him. She very reluctantly let me in the vehicle. It was obvious she would not feel comfortable with me in the front seat, so I sat in the back with Ron.

We got the paperwork filled out and she asked me repeatedly if I was a Metrolift client. I said no.

I'm "disabled" by Metro standards, qualifying for a discount bus fare, but I can ride the bus so no Metrolift for Heather. I'm fine with that. I'm glad I can walk and ride the bus. When riding Metrolift, I am an "Attendant" or "Provider" - my job is to help Ron, which I do.

So, a few minutes in the trip she kept looking at me in the rear-view. "You look just like the sketch of the acid attacker." WH-WHAT?

"But I guess your hair is a little longer." I assured her I just handed out candy, and had no desire in attacking anything other than a hamburger. She finally relaxed.

Weirdness. Today was WIERDNESS.

No comments: