Friday, September 17, 2010

The stories I could tell

Not an easy night. Ron got so drunk he fell down outside, he is encouraging the neighbor's dog to come visit... petting her, feeding her. I don't want a dog. I don't think they want a dog, either. Ron complains bitterly about the barking and then encourages her to sit in his lap. He went over to the neighbor's house, twice, drunk, to talk about the dog. I don't know what he said, I didn't go with him. Just tonight. He got me out of the tub twice and interrupted my God Time 3 times on dog-related business.

I can hear him cooing at the dog right now. It's not fair to me, it's not fair to the cat, and it's not fair to the dog. I don't want a dog! Ron won't take care of her, that'll be up to me. The dog is an escape artist and a car chaser = major vet bills or heartbreak WHEN she gets hit by a car. Her spay status is unknown.

He's drunk and it's impossible to reason with him drunk. The last thing I need is another living thing to care for. Do you know what my garden looks like? I can't even take care of that.

Ugh. I am so overwhelmed right now. I want that dog out of my life; but I know it's just a symbol of Ron's drinking again. I feel like it's a perfect example of "What Ron wants Ron gets no matter what Heather thinks".

Oh, the stories I could tell on that subject.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I am sorry Heather I hope this passes quickly for you

you work so hard on keeping yourself level and healthy..never forget what a great job you do ..for YOU!!!

OOOXXX

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.