Friday, September 24, 2010

I'm glad I'm a mutant

Tomorrow, Ron says he is coming with me to do the handout.  I was a bit skeptical. 

Then, tonight, while I was fixing up the Bibles, I heard him on the phone bragging about my Bible Handouts.  Ron's friend kept telling him how awesome I was, how "No normal woman would have stuck around after your accident". 

"Well," I told Ron "I'm glad I'm a mutant."  God made it clear: Ron always did better with me around.  That's all I needed to know.  I just focused on loving Ron and let God carry the worries.  Even crazy I knew I had to do that... I can't imagine being the kind of woman who could walk away.  So what if he thought we lived at the home improvement store? 

I did, briefly, consider it at one point.  Ron's family had decided they would force us to give up our apartment and move in with his elderly disabled parents.  Instead of caring for 1, I'd be caring for 3.  When I objected, they said "Well, we know you won't leave him." 

Nice.  I did balk and cried all over Ron's good shoulder.  He was furious and talked his father out of the big plan.  At the time we were not legally married and I had no say in his care.  Thank God Ron talked his Dad out of the plan!  I think his family had planned on burning me out so they could stick him in a nursing home once his Medicare kicked in.  Nice people.  Happily, out of our lives now - by their own choice. 

Funny, once Ron recovered, and remembered everything they'd said in front of him - I WARNED THEM - they didn't want any contact.  If you have a loved one, or a hated one, in a coma, they do hear and understand everything you say in front of them.  I know Ron sure did. 

So, we have a trip to the corner, to hand out Bibles.  Hopefully it will be a good productive time.  Then, some fried chicken for Mr Ron and some Starbucks for me.  Sounds like a fun time. 

It's also great because my love language is "Quality time" - I will get plenty of that, and for Ron it is "Acts of Service" - for him, showing his love by helping with a handout is perfect.  If you pray, I'll take it! 

No comments: