Saturday, March 1, 2008

"Lillberg"

I just finished watching the movie "Pitch Black" for probably the 6th time. I love the movie, it's probably my "most favorite". It's got everything, a good plot, excellent characters, good themes. I hate to write about it for fear I'll "ruin" it, it's that good. I explained a little about the movie to my Dad tonight, I think I did a good job of illustrating the movie without ruining it. It's my perfect movie.

A little voice in my head says "If you like the movie so much, you should sent an email to the writers and director". I may just do that. At any rate, I'm always thrilled to see it in my program guide on the Sci-fi channel. When I get a DVD player, I'll buy the DVD.

I noticed today that my side effects aren't as bad as they were before I started Atkins. It's very nice to see. I'd almost do it just to reduce my side effects. I can bend over and change position suddenly without feeling like I'm about to black out. No stomach pains, and I'm way less groggy, too.

I brought a little insulated "lunch pail" with me to work and ate everything I brought. Tomorrow, we're going to Walmart so I won't pack anything. I want to get some more meat. Yum, yum.

I cleaned up the living room some in preparation for Mom and Dad's visit. I'm about ready to go buy a couch. I plan to get a "Lillberg" from IKEA. I have the Lillberg rocking chair and I love it, so I know the couch'll be a winner too. I especially like the design on the cushions, there's minimal area for the cats to scratch, and the covers are inexpensive, washable, and replacable. Lots of solid natural wood, in birch even. What's not to love?

I'm just happy with everything today. Ha Ha. That's a good thing. I took all my pills today so it's "for real". 2 of my Malabar Spinach sprouted, and I'm still waiting on my New Zealand spinach. They'll be great when the hot weather hits and all the lettuce is bolting.

I don't have much "organizing and cleaning" type stuff to do before Mom and Dad visit, just: Clean up side yard, clean up living room, tame "the pile" in my bedroom, and hang some curtains. Not bad for a month's work. At least I know I can get up on a stepladder now without the dizzy spells, long may they stay away.

I got all my stocking done at work and took out two dumpster loads. I only had one postal worker try to tell me how to do my job. They don't seem to grasp I have one boss, Ron, my husband.

Ron had a hell trip from Metrolift coming home from Starbucks. They rode him around so long, in a vehicle with bad shocks, that he got violently carsick, by the side of the road. Poor baby. He's sleeping it off.

I noticed that I've lost about 8 marigolds total from the frost we had, and another couple lettuce transplants. It's sad, but I can grow more. I just need to keep better track of who's who. I got my pepper tray turned around, and God only knows which is the jalapeno and who's the frying pepper. Won't I have fun finding out? I'm a spice wimp!

Off I go to input my "eatings" into Fitday. Have a good one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather,
Been missing you and got the idea of reading the blog to see what's up. Have thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts from this last week. I've never made a post on a blog before, but perhaps old aunts can learn new tricks! Perhaps you'll approve...
So proud of you for undertaking Atkins in the midst of all you're dealing with. How wonderful that it helps with side effects - a special blessing for you! And if you get your house all cleaned up, you're welcome to come help me "clean and organize" before your folks get here. Maybe your barking neighbor needs his own pink towel! Tell that handsome blind man you live with hello from Tock and Polly. Keep up the great writing!