Friday, February 29, 2008

I prepared "plenty" of food last night, but I'd eaten most of it before I even left work. Eeek! I was pretty hungry most of the day. It wasn't until I'd eaten my way through four plain hamburger patties (the small ones) from McDonald's at Walmart that I realized I was hungry because I was hungry. Ooops.

I lost a couple pounds back when I had the migraine, and I gained one of them back, darn it. I forgot to measure my waist, though, so I don't think it'll be too bad. I'm keeping my carbs well under 20 today, and I have more energy and fewer side effects from the medication, and I'm only on day 4.

A high-fat, or "ketogenic" diet, has been used with the "helpless" epileptic cases. They don't know why it works, but it works. If the patient eats a candy bar, BAM, they have a seizure. If they eat fat, low carbs, and protein they're fine. Antiseizure drugs are used more and more on the bipolar population, so I think there's a good chance that Atkins could help with my symptoms. I'm not suicidal, OF COURSE I'm taking my pills, but so far the evidence seems to prove my theory. Hey, I'm just happy to lose the damned postural hypotension. Ugh. Every time I would change position I'd get dizzy and almost black out. Now I can actually consider using my weights again.

We had two repairmen come out today. The food and coffee machine guy fixed them both. The Dr Pepper guy said we have a bad ballast (VERY BAD!). He has to get the part. It's a good machine, overall, so I'm not going to complain. You should see it on Mondays, it's always empty. I had a lot of running around and meet and greets. I was glad I told Ron to plan an extra hour, we both needed it. It all worked out, snacks are great and I helped Ron stock sodas. Tomorrow we'll go in to do some housekeeping type things.

I really hate traveling on the first of the month but Ron pleaded, looking at me with those big, blind green eyes. I couldn't say no! I'll take a book if I end up waiting outside on the pickup.

When I was at Walmart I got loads of meat, more of the "Carne Picada" thin sliced pork strips, hamburger patties, Chappel Hill sausage (soooo good!), bacon, and precooked, frozen pork sausage patties. They're very good and quick. I plan to go to the "Nice" supermarket tomorrow and get some shrimp. Won't they be delicious, dipped in warm butter?

It seemed like everytime I was about to give up today, I encountered a massive individual struggling to breathe. God really knows how to motivate me. No. Not if I can help it!

One of my Malabar spinach finally sprouted. After I'm done here I'm going to go check on the outside plants. They all seem happy, though.

No comments: