Friday, March 14, 2008

Reader Discretion advised - disgusting images

Don't eat before you read this. It's pretty awful. No, I won't give you a visual of me, naked, first thing in the morning on the scale. :)

It was funny this morning when I weighed myself. I checked the scale - 216. I was so tired I couldn't remember if that was a good thing. :rofl: I had to check my little notebook. Then I said, YAY! I'm down a pound and a half. I even lost a quarter inch off my waist and my period is due in just a few days. Amazing. I'm doing exactly what I need to be doing.

As you know by now, we ride the paratransit service. Work is somewhat near a terrible public housing project with an awful reputation. One of my pivotal images, whenever I consider cheating, is this:
The "client" of the service used a power wheelchair. She is extremely obese, at least 400 pounds or so. She is wheezing from the effort of pushing the joystick on her wheelchair. If she were standing up she would be about five feet tall. She can't close her legs because they are so bloated. She was wearing a skirt. I could almost see "her treats" and God knows I didn't want to.

Her lower legs were encased in dirty, unraveling surgical dressings. They were stained with discharge, and were peeling off as I watched. You could tell she didn't have all of her feet. I begged God not to let the bandage unravel until we got off. Thank Him, He listened.
That, to me, is the most graphic and horrifying image of what eating sugar and (bad) carbohydrates will do to you. That could be any of us. That could be someone reading this post right now.

And it was totally preventable!

This morning, on the way to work, full of my low-carb sausage patty and a strip of bacon, we made another pickup. On the paratranist service it's like a carpool. Anyway, we made another stop.

It was an extremely obese woman in a power wheelchair. Sadly, it wasn't even the same woman as the other time. She can't close her legs. Thank God this lady was not wearing a short skirt. Her lower legs are encased in (clean!) surgical dressings, gauze topped with Ace Bandages. She's going to the low-income clinic.

Not an hour later, a guy at work offered me a cheese danish. I described that woman to him and asked him if he wanted me to look like her. No, he replied, shocked.
THEN DON'T YOU EVER offer me another one again!

I've been urinating a lot today, hopefully I'm about to lose some more. I'm focusing on my health, but I like watching the numbers drop too. I bought a pair of shorts "In my size" last year, size 22W. They were really sized for a 20W and I couldn't wear them. The shorts and I had a great time today, and I plan to wear them until they're too baggy to fit.

Another good bonus is the fact that I'm losing my constant need to suckle on a soda can. I've had a very modest amount for me. When I'm thirsty, the first thing I crave is water now.

Isn't it great?

No comments: