Saturday, March 8, 2008

Happy Saturday

Yay! I woke up, weighed, and measured. I was down to 219.5! I had to check it twice. That means, I'm down 8 pounds in less than 2 weeks. It got better. Measuring time - I'm down a quarter of an inch to 40 inches! My goal of course is a 30 inch waist and a weight around 145 pounds.

That was awesome. I ate my sausage patty, took my pills, and went to the Super Walmart. I found a cute red pepper plant that I really liked, so I got it. I chatted with a few nice people while I was there and had a good time. I got another grow light an a tray for seedlings.

Off to the food department! I took the plunge and bought the 3-pound carne picada beef. It is very thin sliced strips of beef. You saute them. It's tasty, and it had some fat onboard so I know it's "balanced" for me. My biggest problems on this food plan are getting enough fat and remembering to spread out my vegetable intake (not to mention, eating the veggies). I got some more salad mix, mayo, eggs, stuff like that. Total cost, even with the grow light, is about $50. I plan to cook off all the carne picada beef tonight and freeze most of it.

Ron is completely addicted to my tuna and egg salad. Very easy to prepare: 8 chopped hardboiled eggs, 3 (six ounce) cans oil packed tuna, drained. A dash of Mrs. Dash seasoning, and mayo to taste. He loves it! I like it but not as much as he does, and since he's willing to peel eggs I end up making a lot of it. He does a better job than me.

We went into work. Our ride was late, wonderful. We had about an hour and a half to get everything done. I got snacks done, but I need to get more candy bars. When I was at Walmart I got smart, and bought myself a couple of their sausage on a sticks. Tasty! I wasn't hungry until it was about lithium time. I ate half, took the Lithium. I didn't get fatigued like I normally do and was able to skip the nap.

When we got home, I rearranged the living room/den area. It serves the function that a Great Hall did in the old days. It's not a bedroom, not a kitchen or bathroom, it's the main common area in the house, where you entertain (when Mom and Dad come to visit in 2 weeks). We don't usually entertain. Anyway, I moved "my" chair and ensured I still have a good view of the TV. Got rid of some clutter/junk, finally trotted out that rug and the anti-skid pad, and measured. I'll be getting a "Lillberg" sofa from IKEA sometime this week, well, actually a loveseat. I'll get the black covers so everything matches (I have the Lillberg rocking chair). I have turquoise accents and lots of natural solid wood. It'll look great. I just need to "do something" regarding curtains but like I told Ron "I'm not afraid to get on a ladder now". Before low carb, the side effects would have kept me firmly on the ground.

I love this way of eating just for that. I'm not super hungry right now, but I "can" eat in about an hour (just in time for Lithium #3). Tomorrow I stay home, and probably try to organize more. I know I have more turquoise lace curtains hiding somewhere. I just need to find them. And the hot pink curtains I have over the front window clash with the orange paint on the house.

Off I go to correct my weight in Fitday.

No comments: