Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'm a monster

I am a monster, a heartless tyrant undeserving of the love I've been giving. I don't know why he forgave me but he did.

Frosty the kitty likes to sleep in the laundry room. For such a small place (maybe 18 square feet), he's found several good sleepy spots. This morning I left the washer open and dirty clothes inside. I hadn't run the load yet. I do this fairly often. Once I caught Bubba-cat sleeping in the washer, with the lid open.

When I came home hours later, with my new tshirts, I shut the lid to the washer and placed the bag of tshirts on top. Hours later, I decided to wash them. I opened the door to the laundry room.

Meow

What was that, I wondered. Hm. I heard it again.

Meow

Where's Frosty? That's his meow but I don't see him. Huh. I called his name.

Meow

I looked all over and couldn't find him. The meowing seemed to be emanating from the washer. I opened it up and there he was. I'd locked the poor baby in the washer for hours! I immediately gave him a can of his favorite food and apologized profusely. He forgave me, thank God. He knew I didn't mean to do it.

But I still feel terrible.

No comments: