Thursday, March 27, 2008

I need a new off day!

I had a busy day for me. Wakeup at 6 something (on my day off!), then eat, no medication, go to the lab for my blood test. We got a straight trip so I sat at Starbucks for half an hour, looking at the things I can't eat. I don't miss them or the way I used to feel.

At about 8:10, I went across the parking lot to the lab. We've used them before, they're good. An older Asian lady drew my blood last time. Today I had several tests. I figured they would cost about $200. They did. The lady who drew my blood this time was excellent, very fast. I think it may have to do with the schools here. In California, it seemed like everyone had trouble taking my blood. Out here in Texas, they're very efficient. Fat arms, skinny arms, they get it done on the first stick. Amazing. I had a bag of pork rinds to eat after my test so I could take my Lithium immediately.

I was finished an hour before our pickup, so we took the bus to Walmart instead of waiting. It was a nice straight trip with a friendly driver. Ron bought me breakfast (eggs ala carte, large diet soda), and asked for an earlier pickup which we got. Alright! I had an hour and a half.

I experienced a short and bloody battle with some depression. I managed to beat it down, and I realized when I cut my Lexapro in half, it was more like 3/4 and 1/4. I took the smaller pill. Don't do that again, Heather.

I'd been thinking about getting a small "Tabletop" style grill. I finally decided to get it. I got 2 kinds of charcoal, lighter fluid, matches, tongs, electronic meat thermometer, wood chips, and the grill for about $30. I called it a good deal. I had to get some driver candy, my bags were getting pretty pathetic and very light in the chocolate department. I got about $12 worth of candy. I didn't have much money or time left after all this so I just got "my" soda, tuna-flavored cat treats for Ron (to give to the cats), and some facial things for me. I like them, they're good for my skin.

All my makeup is "out of code" by now so I think I'll make an inventory of what I like, throw it all out, and buy the "favorites". I don't want to get infections from old makeup. Ick. No rush, though, I hardly ever wear makeup (but I do want to look nice in the photos Mom and Dad will take next week).

I keep feeling like I need to be doing things for their visit, but I'm not going to let myself get hysterical over preparation. I'm going to clean up as much as possible, take my pills, tend my garden, get my rest, do my job, spoil my cats, and love my husband.

I woke up four pounds lighter today. Yes! I was very happy. I figured I'd lost the weight, I just wondered when I'd see it. Hopefully I'll continue to lose at a nice clip until PMS time rolls around again. I figure I have at least 2-3 good weeks ahead.

I ate very clean today and even got some veggies. I need to do dishes again! Laundry! Sweep the house! Wash the bedding! Cook something for tomorrow and take a shower before it gets too late. Some "off" day. And this is taking it easy.

We had a few minor neighbor problems this week. The little boy on one side kept knocking his ball over the fence, banging on the front door, and asking for it back. When it happened twice in one day Ron had a talk with the parents. He also mentioned that the property line wooden fence (this was my idea) is very old and will cost a lot of money to replace. If the kids knock it down than Ron and the landlord are going to have to pay for it (meaning, the landlord will take it out on them). They were quite agreeable to letting the kids play on the other side of the house, away from our fence. Very nice people.

The other people are ususally very quiet, but she does daycare, he is a contractor, and their visitors are ALWAYS parking to block our driveway. I went out and told them they had to move, because we had a ride coming. She said OK. 5 minutes later it's still there. I was not happy. Ron, even less happy. He went outside swinging his long white cane somewhere between a putter and a baseball bat. He said he could hear the car owner literally running down the driveway and jumping in the car before driving away. Had he found the car he would have complained to the owner. But they knew they were in the wrong, they are just too lazy to park in a regular spot. Rude rude rude. They do like the cats, which I remind myself is no small thing. They are raising the kids right (except for the parking thing). I just wonder why people who have so much "traffic" bought a home with a small driveway and minimal street parking.

After we got home I played in the garden a bit, then it was off to Starbucks for Ron and Randalls for me. I got some nice-looking fresh sausage (for the grill), drinks, and some seasoning. We got home around 3. I wanted to go straight to bed, but Ron wants to find some computer software. I dug around in the garage for a while until the wasps showed up. I told Ron, he begged me to come inside, and I did. THEN I took my nap.

I woke up and came straight here. That was my day - busy! Hope you're having a good one.

No comments: