Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I woke up 2 pounds heavier, but no migraine. I figure I'm retaining water because I know I didn't get enough water yesterday. My bicycling muscles were a little sore (I did 20 minutes of intervals the night before the migraine) so maybe they're a factor too.

When I measured my waist, it was half an inch smaller! Yeeeha! I'm still not quite a comfortable Walmart 20W but it's close. I was able to wear the jeans all day and not think "Oh, God, I'm being strangled" like I did not even two weeks ago.

So I'm down at least 5 pounds, we'll call it, and 1.75 inches thinner in my waist. That's good. I felt very wise today because I ate 2 sausage patties for breakfast and brought snacks - a cooked hamburger patty and 1 cup of my cooked pork strips. Yummy. When I got hungry, I ate them. My hunger was well controlled and I decided "I could eat" at Walmart (more on that). I got a plain double hamburger and threw the bun to the grackles in the parking lot (grackles are little black birds). The grackles had a good time and so did I. It turned out to be a good thing, we rode around for over an hour before we got dropped off. Hey, I can't complain, it's the next thing to a free ride. I found it very interesting that after I ate all the food in the morning, the afternoon and evening were hunger-free. I had to eat just now to take my lithium, and I was getting hungry. I try not to eat late at night now. I had a good salad with chopped red bell pepper and a tasty fried hamburger patty. "They" do say to get all your food in the morning. Yum.

Last night I started freaking out. Why? Because I lost my Risperdal refil. I even checked the trash can outside, it's not there. God only knows what happened to it. I tore up the house. Ron was very kind about it and that's where the Walmart trip came from, except the pharmacy was so backed up they couldn't fill it. I'll be OK tonight but I plan not to make a habit of this. It's the first time, ever, I've lost my pills. I was really impressed at how nice Ron was about the whole thing.

I figured out how to keep a disaster from happening again - keep the refills in the medicine cabinet until I'm ready to move them to my table. The table works for the current pills. I also plan to bring more cooked veggies with me when I'm out. I don't like eating them all at once. Well, I don't mind eating them all at once but they could spike my blood sugar. God knows I don't want that.

My side effects from the "cocktail" of mood stabilizers and company are all still gone. It's so nice to pick up something I've dropped on the floor without a horrible "head rush". The grogginess is pretty much gone too. I just hope I'm not too sharp for my Metrolift interview on Friday.

I'm going to go work on cleaning out the garage. I keep my weights in there and I'd like to get at them easily.

No comments: