Monday, March 3, 2008

Another pound, another migraine

Yeah. I woke up a pound lighter, at 222 (my God, I typed it out loud), but with a migraine! UUUUUUGGH. I managed to medicate myself with some coated asprin, antidepressant, (couldn't take the lithium because I have to take it with food and I was queasy), ginger root capsules, and Head on! I love that stuff. It made me barely functional.

Our sandwich guy was fired for insolence (I'm not surprised), so we had someone "new" coming. Who? I probably needed to wave him in to the proper driveway. Plus we had donuts coming in too. Our sandwich delivery person turned out to be the owner of the company, a very nice asian lady with an atrocious accent. She wanted to put in her side of the story, I listened, but nodding was KILLING my poor head. I'm going to give some unidentified basil starts to Zelda at work, I was able to talk to her too. I don't see a major pressing need for basil right now in my garden, and I've got plenty of seed (that I can identify properly) if I change my mind.

I hate it when I start seeds and forget who's where. My Malabar spinach is easy, they're very distinct seedlings, even the "seed leaves". Lettuce, too. It's pretty indentifiable, I just figured out I have more romaines than I thought I did. Yay. And my red-veined sorrel sprouted today, too. My "Cream of the Crop" squash seeds came today from Jung. I'd about given up on them. I started a Jiffy strip soaking so I can start more lettuce tomorrow.

So what about the migraine? I took a 2 quart pitcher with me (just in case I vomited). I managed to be mildly useful today, and half an hour before our ride was due, I inserted my phenergan suppository. The Phenergan are amazingly wonderful for me, they help take the pain and nausea away, making it easy for me to sleep off the headache. I love the stuff.

It's a good thing I used it. Our driver played "I can't find you" driving back and forth as I waved at her, then excuses about "The computer said it was an apartment complex" (no the computer had the correct instructions). She couldn't even pronounce one of the street names. So, I had my test. This woman's delayed my curling up in bed by half an hour. I have a bag of driver candy. I suspect she was playing games, or God forbid, that stupid. What do I do? I gave her the candy. We got a quick ride home at least.

I covered up all my plants before I took my nap, and I'm glad I did. I got everyone, marigolds, lettuce, and tomatoes. I brought all the potted things I haven't planted (waiting on the cold fronts to move through) yet into the house, and they all look happy, even in the 30 mph winds. I managed to eat a little (half an omlette from yesterday) and take 2 lithium so I won't freak out.

Then I curled up with my ice bag. When I woke up, I was actually hungry. That's a huge deal. I ate a hamburger patty and some cooked mustard greens with butter. "I could eat" about now, and it's about time for Lithium #3. Gotta keep the brain happy.

I am so thrilled that my mood stabilizers are not screwing with my weight loss! I'd heard horror stories, but I can't go off my pills. I would die. But if I stay fat, I'll die. Horribly. God has blessed me, I'm laying this right at His door.

Down 5.5 pounds in 6 days. Taking mood stabilizers, antipsychotic, and an antidepressant? Amazing. Thank you, Jesus.

I can deal with the migraines, I figure it's just withdrawal from the crap and/or detox from all the toxins stored in the now-shrunken fat cells.

No comments: