Friday, March 7, 2008

Yes? No? Or wait?

Today, my "Day Off" was supposed to be relaxing. I'd just get that Metrolift business out of the way first and then...

I woke up at 4 AM, to be told by Ron they'd rescheduled my trip. My new pickup was 7:30. I went back to sleep until 6 or so, but I had nightmares about broken scales and such. Not enough to make me think I have to go up on my pills, but enough to let me know my nerves were showing.

I got up and packed a snack. I ended up eating a sausage patty, 1.5 scrambled eggs, and a hamburger patty. That held me for hours. I also drank an insane amount of diet soda. I got picked up and we rode around for an hour, picking up other people. When we got there, it was "hurry up and wait". It was freezing outside, but luckily we didn't have to wait outside. It just added to the whole experience. I had to hand over my ID card, which the paranoid part of me didn't like. I was told I'd get it back during my interview. We were taken from one room into another, and had a lecture/Q&A session. That lasted an hour. THEN the interview. She asked me some questions, realized I'm married to Mr. B, and confirmed it. I did, telling her "Don't hold it against me!" with a grin. She was very nice, and she remembered Ron fondly.

We were all done. I should look for something in the mail. Am I in? No, she doesn't decide that. I have to wait ANOTHER week or so to find out. AGGGGH.

I had to wait outside a little bit (but I brought my Hot Hands) before I got my ride home. I never needed to get into my snacks although I drank a whole liter of Diet Dr Pepper. Again, same people on board, ride around for an hour. By the time I got home, I was exhausted. I ate (wasn't hungry but it was lithium time) and had a great nap with Bubba-cat, who was already stretched in the bed.

I just woke up. Ron's taking his nap. He went to work while I had all my fun downtown. I understand why they do the process this way; one of the women I rode with is already completely disgusted with the service and planning on taking the bus instead. If they made it too easy, they'd go bankrupt.

It would have been nice to hear "Yes" or "No" today, though. I'm reminding myself to give it to God. I will.

Later on, I'm going to plant some more lettuce and "Beet-leaf chard". I'm sure glad I covered everyone outside last night, it was miserably cold all day long. I peeked when I got home and they all looked OK though.

No comments: