Thursday, March 6, 2008

Metrolift tomorrow

Well, I was up a pound and a half this morning. Not encouraging. My waist size is the same, though. I didn't drink 64 ounces of plain water, 2/3 of it was flavored no-calorie water. Maybe that was a factor. I've noticed, though, that my weight seems to spike right before I lose. I wonder what I'll be tomorrow.

I packed my food to bring to work today. I didn't even eat it all, yay. About the only thing I felt I did badly was the fat. As I was eating my lunch at Papas BBQ, (I got a chef salad), I realized my meal had hardly any fat. I didn't trust their salad dressing so I brought my own. The smoked turkey, while delicious, was lean. No cheese because of my migraines. Just meat and chopped romaine and iceberg lettuce. Yum, yum (sarcasm). I've been ruined by my Earthbound Farms Organic baby lettuce mix. It's so savory. This reminded me of eating foam peanuts. I only ate a cup.

When I got home, I took a half hour walk. I've got my Metrolift interview tomorrow morning. I don't have any bottled diet sodas! Aaach! So, I walked to the conveinience store and got some, walked back. It's a nice half hour workout, and I'm drinking some delicious diet root beer.

When I got home from that, I checked on my plants. Almost all of my beans are up, including the old seed I planted. Yay. I have a carrot seedling or two, I see it as the carrots cultivate patience. I got my seed from Frank Morton! Yay! Now I can grow Devil's Tongue Lettuce and Merlot leaf lettuce, along with my "Beet Leafed Chard". I plan to plant those as soon as my peat pots are ready.

The tomatoes look great too. I just need to cover everyone who's frost-sensitive because it's getting down to 34 tonight. Brrr. Luckily I found that old bedspread in the garage. That's the nice thing about the collards, they aren't frost-tender. They just keep on growing. By the way, interesting note: The collards I planted in the "tilled" beds are not doing 1/3 as well as the collards that went into the "untilled" layer beds. I just layered the soil amendments on top of that soil. The plants seem to love it. I'm just sorry I dug up bed 2. I don't think I did the plants a favor.

I'm trying to be kind to the neighbor's dog. I feed him treats (rawhides) when I'm out in the yard, if he's a good quiet boy. He didn't even peep until I started baby-talking him today, then it was a short yelp. We can't see each other but I think he knows I'm good for treats. He got his treat. Like Ron says, he's got our back. NO ONE is coming over the back fence.

I decided to give my basil seedlings to someone at work. I'd rather plant more leafy greens at this point and time, and I can always start more. I found at least 200 more Jiffy Pellets in the garage the other night, so I don't even need to worry about them.

Oh, and I found out why certain of my lettuce seedlings were faring poorly. BUBBA is sitting on them. Bad kitty. He's got a big butt, too. I need to insert more popsicle sticks in the soil, I'm sure glad I bought another couple hundred at that dollar store. I just love my popsicle sticks.

I figure this batch of lettuce seedlings I plan to start will be the last. Summer is brutal here, and the lettuce bolts. All the ones I plan to start are heat resistant, somewhat, but I'm counting on my Malabar spinach and such to hold me through the worst of summer.

Off to get my nap. I have to get up between 4 and 5 am.

No comments: