Tuesday, March 25, 2008

It was an odd, odd day. First off, we had to ride an hour out of our way (total) on the way to work. Why? To pick up a guy after his booty call. His very large girlfriend was wearing a "Barely covers it all" nightgown. She opened the door, wearing the nightgown, and gave the client a long passionate kiss as he left.

Ew. I'm sure people think the same thing about me and Ron, but I'm not parading around in revealing clothes, sticking my tongue down his throat either. The guy had a fit because the driver didn't want to take the "client's" route. "I drive this way all the time!" he yelled. Both Ron and I thought simultaneously, "You're not driving now." I mentioned we were the next stop and we had to get to work, while he was going home (he didn't dispute it, proving it was a booty call - home is not where the woman is?). The driver said something to the client in spanish and the client shut up.

We got to work an hour late because of the love doctor. Fortunately, we made the delivery. Ron and I agreed we will go with an earlier pickup to avoid incidents like this. Who needs it?

When we went to Cracker Barrel, a waitress came over and asked Ron for help. Her mother in law has just gone blind from diabetes. She had a little bit of blurry vision, made an appointment to get her eyes checked. While driving down the freeway she suddenly went blind and that's it. She will never recover her vision. She's not even 50. Ron will mentor her and connect her with agencies that can help.

As I stared at my half-pound hambuger, minus bun, extra side of bacon, I couldn't help but be happy I'm already eating this way. I wish I could convert everyone to the low-carb lifestyle before it's too late for them too.

My weight is the same today but I'm OK with that. It tends to stall a bit after a migraine.

No comments: