Thursday, March 20, 2008

"Woman".

Overall, I had a great day. I went to work, helped Ron, went to the nice grocery store, and got more proscuttio (sp) and some smoked salmon. I rolled them up together, they were as delicious as I'd dreamed and then some. We had 3 great drivers and 2 great rides today. Metrolift may have rejected me, but I get a disabled bus pass at 50% off. Not bad. Even though it's spring break, I was still able to get my nap when I got home today. I lost 2 pounds, too. I assume it's PMS water weight.

I think I may have picked up a rotavirus or something. Ugh. I still have an appetite, no nausea, but the cramps, chills, and other have been pretty uncomfortable. I must have run to the bathroom over half a dozen times with the symptoms. However, I can still eat.

Speaking of uncomfortable, we had a horrible ride. When we got in, the client was sitting in the front seat. Her "man" was sitting in the backseat. Like us, he was about 20 years older than her. We have ridden with them twice before, the man is incredibly overbearing and rude. She is very quiet. We got in.

The man was manic, it was immediately obvious to both of us. He kept talking incessantly, making comments on everything we passed. He acted like we were great freinds, calling us his "neighbors" (we live at least a mile apart, thank God). We didn't "join in" so he had a lengthy and intense conversation all by himself. It was very wearying. He had nothing to say, but he sure acted like it. Most of the ride was consumed with his complaining about a bad trip they had a while back. Like we want to hear it. If you don't like my blog, you can navigate away from it. You don't have to ride with it for 45 minutes in a very small minivan cab. Ugh. Especially when you know he's bipolar and unmedicated.

What made it even more exciting was his attitude towards "Woman". That's what he called his companion. "Woman! I'm going to send you back to Africa!" "You stupid woman!" And worse. He cursed her repeatedly and was incredibly ugly to her. Ron commented "God made both of us, we're all equal" but the man stated that women were not as good as men (if he'd had the vocabulary, I believe he would have said "inferior". God put men over women, he claimed. Ron refuted that. The man began screaming at "Woman" again. I wanted to take her to the Women's Center. If he's acting that way in public what happens when they shut the door? It was absolutely horrible.

If she killed him, I would acquit her. That says it all.

Other than that I had a wonderful day and it really helped me appreciate Ron. I don't like having to go up to 4 lithium tablets a day but I'd rather commit suicide than be like that man we saw today.

No comments: