Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Virtue is rewarded

I woke up a half-pound "heavier" but my waist is back down 1/4 inch. I'm happy. I was even happier when I measured under my ribcage and I'd lost 3 inches of flab. Yeah!

I'm not eating enough vegetables, so I had a salad with my breakfast. It went fine. I had a nice big breakfast, and off to work. Ron said I was "A big help" which I love to hear. We got the milk and I was busy! I wore a pedometer to work today and just at work I logged over 5,000 steps.

After work we went to the bank and I got paid! Coolness. We walked (!) to the mall and I de-carbed a Wendy's hamburger. Ron's in mainenance so he got chili with a saltine cracker crumbled up. Me, I think ew but he loves it.

I was able to resist all the sugary "treats" at the mall, and went to Footlocker. I found AWESOME 100% cotton tshirts at 5 for $20. They had turquoise! I adore turquiose. I know I misspelled it. Anyway, it made my day, cute new tshirts. It's a good reward for losing these 10 pounds, and I need some anyway.

After the mall, we went to hell. I mean, Sam's club. I had to buy candy bars. Hundreds of candy bars. Good thing I ate at the mall, huh? Ron planned it that way. While we were there, we bought Ron some Glucosamine and me a big tub of pork rinds (he was happy to buy them for me), on our dime of course. The business bought lots of candy bars. We had a great ride home.

When we got home, I walked up to the convenience store. It's about 2 miles round trip. I got 2 diet A&Ws (I'm out of cherry cola diet rites), and a big drink for the ride to IKEA tomorrow. I was glad I went. Let me check my pedometer. 10,731 steps so far, and I still need to work in my garden and check the mail.

I'm going to go do that now.

No comments: