Saturday, April 9, 2016

I worry about them

I'm pretty tired tonight so I won't be loquacious. 

Last night "Fluffy", the Himalayan, came by, wanting to live with us yet again.  He's been trying for years. 

It's some kind of gorgeous, long haired smoky colored cat with a very loud and distinctive meow.  It persists in staring at me through windows and wanting to live with us. 

I always tell it no and "someone" always runs outside to kick it's furry little butt and run it off again. 

Biscuit ran it off while Torbie puffed up like an angry cobra, hissing. 

I went to sleep. 

I overslept today and did my God Time later, before turning on the computer.  We went to the warehouse and got about 30 cases of bottled drinks, we were out. 

I got a few snack items but not much.  The candy makers are finally dropping the wholesale price on the candy from 65-some cents a unit, to 60.  Good. 

I guess I wasn't the only one filling up my candy coils with granola bars! 

We went to work.  I helped Ron stock for hours, and helped him set up the fridge.  We like it a lot and it's behaving. 

All the other machines were fine and snacks needed very minimal work. 

When I got home I took a nap.  When I got up I heard loud sawing noises and realized one of my neighbors pruned 75% of his oak tree.  There is a huge mountain of sawed limbs, half the size of his house. 

I guess he got one of those "trim your tree" insurance letters. 

I don't know how he expects to get rid of the clippings. 

I contacted a friend of mine.  Her husband had lost his leg in an accident - it had to be amputated due to the severity of the injury. 

Very like Gravy. 

I have believed that amputees suffer ongoing pain in the limb.  I asked her if he had, and she said yes, I did the right thing. 

Good.  When you make the call to end a life, it should be a big deal, not done lightly.  Ron and I did it with the belief he would endure ongoing pain if he lived.  Seems like we were right. 

We also believed (correctly) it would be very difficult to keep him safe.  He would get outside around Ron and into trouble, and only 3 legs...

Ron also had concerns about "rehab" for Gravy.  Me, not so much.  I think we could have managed that after boarding him for a week or so at the vet.  But he did make a good point about accidentally stepping on him or bumping him with the walker. 

Gravy loved to jump up on the walker. 

Ron and I went to Starbucks.  I would have gone to the pet store but we didn't have enough time.  Ron does say the cat food is lasting a LOT longer than "normal", so I guess Gravy was eating a fair share. 

When we came home, I heard Biscuit crying somewhere, and panicked.  I searched around the side of the house and found him, covered in dirt, meowing for his dinner. 

"You scared me to death!" I scolded him.  I brought him inside and gave him his num-num. 

Now, he is very submissive to Baby Girl.  If she shows up and wants the num num, even if he's been begging for hours, he will let her eat it.  He will leave the area, even. 

Even if I try to give him another can, he rejects it. 

I was happy to see Baby Girl had left the house entirely, so he got his fair share this time.  He was delighted. 

I just caught Torbie nibbling on the remains of it, so they're all getting some. 

Tomorrow we go to Walmart and then the guys come to start building the catio.  I pray it works and keeps the cats contained. 

I worry about them. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sending you love and huge hugs!