Saturday, April 30, 2016

Didn't flood, again.

Houston was abuzz.  A new, ominous looking, storm system was inbound.  We might get more flooding.  Emergency services were up all night, in their lair downtown. 

You get the idea, constant weather updates, etc... and no rain praise God.  We had a little thunderstorm this morning, maybe 10 minutes, and that was it. 

However, the buildup affected my sleep.  I had a nightmare I was in a flooded out flophouse, water nearly at the top of the mattress, doing drugs.  I was doing something with some kind of colored powder and boy was it getting me high.  I didn't sleep much better even after that dream. 

Do you ever feel like you want a refund on your sleep?  That it wasn't what you paid for and you deserve something better?  That's how I felt. 

A lot of this is just my illness.  Some of it is media poisoning.  That's a term I haven't used!  Generally, I just avoid everything but local news and that works really well.  I don't discuss politics, which drives some of my drivers nuts.  That's the staple of their conversations and here I am rejecting it. 

Well, I don't.  Not after that one driver was shouting at me "I don't care if you lose everything [under the current administration] I am doing fine!"  He wanted me to proclaim my love for the incumbent and I told him I couldn't do that, we were in a very bad place financially.  A bad place we had NEVER been before the election.  That set him off and I was nearly crying, the guy was shouting at me, and he's damned lucky I didn't call in on him or he'd have been fired that day. 

Then HE would have been in the "bad place" he was mocking just a little while before.  He was eventually asked to leave (it was apparent in his relation of the story) about a year later.  He was "going into real estate" at a very bad time for it, so he did end up in that bad financial place he himself had mocked. 

Don't mock the poor.  God hates that.  Especially the working poor just trying to make a buck.  No, we never signed up for any help, although we would have qualified.  To quote myself when I applied for Medicaid to get my wisdom teeth out "I don't need food stamps, I have enough to eat."   

Anyway, after that, I don't talk politics.  I have to watch Ron because he makes inflammatory statements and basically manages to insult everyone, when he talks politics. 

Ugh.  Anyway, mixed episode today.  Manic and depressed at the same time.  After I did my God Time I attempted some cleaning of the bathroom.  I have a problem with my tile, it has limescale and soap scum.  Not a big deal, but I also have natural unsealed stone mixed in with the regular tile.  Regular cleaners damage the stone, so I have to be very careful. 

I have yet to figure it out, but I took a good stab at it today.  It looks a little better but not great.  Ron complained bitterly about the smell of the cleaning products. 

Eventually, my plan is to clean the stone and seal it, then hopefully I can use regular cleansers on top of it.  It's a plan. 

I watched a little Law & Order - that's one thing I hate about work on Saturday, they play L&O all day long, all I hear is dialogue and depressing chords.  This one was a depressing one about family betrayal and sexual abuse. 

For reasons I have shared in the past, I am not a fan of family betrayal. 

Ron is asleep, it is hot, humid, and sunny now.  The cats are all asleep in various parts of the house.  I cleaned the litter boxes and checked their food and water. 

Baby Girl wants to go out but I'm not letting her.  She is not very fond of me but she thinks I'm OK, Ron is really her "person".  Biscuit and Torbie are equally split between us.  They love us both. 

Biscuit kept batting at my feet when I was cleaning the bathroom, as he lay on the towel I keep by the bathtub. 

No comments: