Wednesday, April 20, 2016

I don't mind a little kick in the butt

I slept Ok but had weird dreams about the coffee vending machine.  I woke up pretty tired and hit the snooze button a few times. 

I slept alone, the cats all found somewhere else to sleep.  They'll come back when it's hot out and they want to sleep under the vent. 

I got up and fed Biscuit his num-num.  He's always so eager every morning.  It's endearing.  He's such a bright and happy soul, he's good for me. 

I brushed my teeth and drank a diet soda, did my God Time and took a shower.  Ron and I were headed to Walmart. 

I could see a "thing" coming on the radar when I watched the Weather Channel, and hoped I would get to the store and back before it hit (I did).  It wasn't too bad though. 

I left Ron up front, all the kiddie carts were wet and we didn't have much time.  Ron did a lot of witnessing and handing out tracts. 

The other night, he basically admitted he is addicted to alcohol.  I was impressed God is working on him to this point.  He continues to "behave". 

I was worried he would have a blackout after Gravy died but he was OK.  I do believe he will have trouble if Torbie dies (the old lady tortie-tabby).  They are very bonded.  I hold back a little with her because I know she is old, will die, and break my heart yet again. 

I shouldn't do that, but I do. 

I really bonded to Frosty and had a terrible depression when he died.  I still love her, I still cuddle her, sleep with her, everything I did with Frosty.  I let her steal my chair.  I play with her and make sure she had what she needs, and an empty litter box.   But somehow I feel I'm cheating her. 

I'm probably more bonded to Biscuit, who is younger, but as we saw with Gravy youth does not always assure longevity.  Biscuit's more bonded to me because I am "Provider of delicious canned food", reliably providing at least 2 cans a day.  I gave him 3 once but he threw up. 

He doesn't get in my lap but he will sleep on my legs, occasionally.  I don't need him to be a lap baby to love him. 

Baby girl loves me in her own way, but she has her own issues.  It really broke her heart when Bubba died, she was very bonded to him.  She'll get on Ron now and then, never on me, never sleeps in my bed, doesn't sleep with the other cats even, but she sleeps in my doorway.  If I want a pet she will allow access, and occasionally roll over and let me rub her tummy.  That's all she wants to give and I'm OK with that, as long as she's happy. 

I hope all of them tolerate the catio as expected.  I bought a water bowl today for the bedroom.  I need to get some kind of food container now. 

When we are getting ready to leave, I will lock the cats in the bedroom/catio area.  They will have food, water, and litter box.  They will also have a cat tree and a queen sized bed.  That should be OK. 

Biscuit is really liking the cat tree in the bedroom. 

I got soda and looked at cat food.  I got some of the new Friskies and opened a can when I got home, both Baby Girl and Biscuit were pretty interested, and happily, Biscuit did not throw up. 

Biscuit has a delicate tummy and some foods are too rich for him.  Lamb with clam sauce?  OK. 

I got some air fresheners (to cover up the smell of the num nums!), and cat treats, litter, yogurt, sharp cheese, frozen sausage patties, and some rolls.  I figure I can put sausage and cheese on a roll, and eat that.  I should be OK eating sausage.  I'll find out. 

It's like I told Ron, I like plenty of food, but it only takes one time sick to my guts after taking my lithium with spaghetti.  I don't need another. 

I don't actually vomit but I tend to get very, very, queasy, sometimes abdominal pain.  And today one driver didn't believe I was mentally ill!  That's why I put up with the side effects. 

I don't have the "lower end" side effects often discussed in side effect reports, and even by my doctor.  Nope, don't have that issue at all.  Just nausea, fatigue, dry mouth, etc. 

I checked out, got Ron, and we left.  I put away the "cold" things and took a nap.  It rained, but not severely. 

I had a very good nap until I was awakened by the sound of a power saw.  He was cutting a board, then waiting 10 minutes, cutting another board.  It was tedious. 

I got up and got dressed.  Ron and I were going to the Waffle House.  I was worried the intersection would be closed as it had epic flooding and an actual drowning death pretty much on their doorstep. 

They were open.  We had a good meal. When we finished, our driver came early and picked us up.  She had to make some stops in the flooded out area of Greenspoint, where I plan to do the Handout.  Sure enough they are pretty wrecked, piles of dead furniture and carpet everywhere, people wandering aimlessly, EXACTLY the kind of scene I had envisioned. 

And there was "my" median right in the middle of it.  I felt it was confirmation from God to go and do the Handout. 

I don't mind a little kick in the butt; it's always good to know that my will and God's will are the same thing. 

Of course that means I will have to get up at 2 AM that day, work a full day, go do the Handout, go home and hopefully get some sleep.  I am skeptical about getting the sleep but this is more important. 

Normally getting my sleep is a very high priority.  Doc says it is vital to my health, in an urgent tone of voice.  I concur.  When I was sick in January my mood really deteriorated. 

Anyway, I'll keep you posted. 

No comments: