Thursday, April 7, 2016

Sacrifice my sleep

No headache today. 

We woke up, I took my shower.  I cried a little looking in my closet, remembering how Gravy loved to sleep on the top shelf. 

We went to Home Depot.  We wanted to look at supplies for the catio.  I found some good pvc coated wire with 3x4 inch openings.  It is 3 feet tall and 50 feet long.  We got a roll.  I also got some seeds because they were on sale. 

Happily, later in the day, our handyman said he would be by tomorrow, with a helper, to build the catio.  He will bring all the supplies.  Excellent. 

So, tomorrow, I should have a safe kitty space. 

Torbie, the old fat tortie tabby, looks like she will be the "bad" girl with trying to get out.  The other cats seem to be better behaved. 

We went home and I put the giant roll of wire near my chair.  I took a nap for a couple of hours. 

Ron wanted to go to the Waffle House so we did that. 

That's when we found out the plans for tomorrow. 

Now, honestly, I never fall asleep before 8 on an early morning wakeup eve.  I will be "lucky" to get 6 hours of sleep. 

That said, I usually compensate by getting a nice nap when I do get home from work.  But the guys are coming. 

I will absolutely sacrifice my sleep so the cats have a safe place to hang out.  I am glad to know in advance, though. 

Maybe it won't take them long to build and I can get some sleep anyway. 

I know this, tomorrow will be long and crazy, but hopefully a good ending with safe cats in their enclosure. 

I can't go through another Gravy any time soon.  It has been awful. 

No comments: