Monday, April 18, 2016

Flooded?

Heavy rain all night, with thunderstorms. 

I wasn't too worried until I woke up (I didn't sleep well).  I looked out the front window, the street was completely flooded about halfway up to the house. 

That's not good.  The water continued to climb towards my house and garage.  Still continues to climb, kind of like that awful movie "The Blob."

I freaked out for a while.  Calmed down.  Decided that yes, I should wake Ron.  If nothing else we were NOT going to work (what with 8 feet of water in the street, kind of impossible). 

I periodically check the front door and the garage.  So far the garage is OK.  I moved Greg's tools (he left some) to higher ground so they won't be damaged if/when we get water in the garage.  I don't see how I can escape garage flooding if nothing else, but we'll see what God has planned. 

The water climbed my yard and is now about 4 feet from my front door.  If it rises 6 inches (I measured) it will get into the house and flood. 

If the sheriff drives his airboat down my street, he will create a wake and flood my house.  So, for once, I am praying no one comes to check on us until the water goes down! 

What can I do?  I thought.  Well, I took a shower.  We will probably end up under a boil order (unsafe water) out of this so I might as well enjoy a nice hot shower while I can. 

I did that, and checked on the water again. Still higher. 

The storms just keep coming relentlessly, this is worse than a hurricane.  Yes, the hurricane has more force but the rain hasn't been as bad as our "historic flooding" (that's what they're calling it) today. 

I did my God Time.  What else could I do?  I made sure to ask God to please keep the airboats away, stop the rain, and fast drainage.  Please don't let my home flood, Lord. 

About halfway through, someone knocked on my door.  It was #6, checking on us.  I told him we were fine and he asked me to let him know if we needed anything.  That was sweet. 

Hopefully I won't need to do that. 

Most of the cars on my street are flooded out.  Even if the homes are OK, we have a lot of property damage just on my block. 

I'll keep you posted, and put up a photo when it gets light out. 

My camera doesn't have a flash. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

RR friend prays you dont flood!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, Heather and Ron! Another RR friend praying you don't flood!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow heather be safe and keep us posted oooxxx