Thursday, April 14, 2016

Any longer than necessary

Not a lot to write today. 

Still depressed.  Slept OK.  I got my God Time and shower.  I also did some organizing and rearranging.  I dragged the cat condo from the front room, where it isn't well used, to my bedroom, after moving some stuff. 

I like it, I hope the cats do too.  It looks like I will be locking the cats in the bedroom/catio every day when we leave (Torbie is a stealth expert at escaping and I'm not even trying to keep her contained yet).  I want them to have interesting things. 

Biscuit slept part of last night with me, as did Torbie.  I like to wake up and pet them in the middle of the night 

Biscuit got into a tangle with another cat and came in the cat door at high speed, screeching.  I checked him over, he looks OK, but this is yet another reason why I want them protected - other cats.  Other cats can hurt them and get them sick. 

At any rate, it was a pretty uneventful night except for the 5 AM headache.  I took some aspirin with some pepto, and went back to sleep.  It worked. 

When I got up I was very mildly queasy but not bad. 

The handyman came around 10 AM.  I had a box full of snacks and a cooler full of drinks, both of which saw plenty of action today.  Good, I WANT him to consume them. 

I need to get more treats before he finishes.  From what I can see, he just needs to lay the wire on the frame he has built. 

Now I'm wondering if he turned off the hose.  I'm going to go check.  Yes, it was on, but so was the nozzle.  I would have had to pull the "trigger" to get a water flow.  I turned it off anyway.  The gate was also open so I locked it. 

I don't want #6 wandering around in my yard, or garage.  At some points I inevitably have to provide access - for instance, the tools are in my garage so the door has to be unlocked and at least partially rolled up, but I don't have to provide access for any longer than necessary. 

Biscuit and I are becoming pretty close.  He won't really get in my lap but I don't need it.  He's always good for a  hug, I pick him up, hug him, and put him down as he purrs at me.  He likes to hang out nearby, either under my computer chair or on the back of the couch when I watch TV.  He has an endless appetite for petting, like his big sister Torbie.

I think you can guess what I do when I'm in my computer chair.  :p 

Torbie splits her affections between me and Ron, hedging her bets with both humans.  Baby Girl is more Ron's cat but will let me pet her and pick her up, if necessary.  When Baby Girl got hurt last year, I'm the one who took her to the vet. 

I still find it funny, the vet kept asking if I was OK paying $10 more for a long acting antibiotic injection, as opposed to a "daily battle" oral.  Yes, I told her, I don't care how much more it is, we're doing it! 

It was nice to be able to say that, although if $10 is going to break you at the vet you really need to look at your budgeting. 

I need to get more cat food.  I usually have a reserve bag but we had to use it.  I'm not going to let my cats starve if I have food in the house. 

I just need to get to the pet store quickly and buy another one. 

Biscuit and Baby Girl had "Tuna in gravy" this morning.  I split the can onto two plates, one for each, and it worked very well.  I would rather spend a few extra cents on plates than manage battles! 

They both enjoyed it.  I gave Biscuit (Baby Girl wasn't interested) "Seafood Nightmare" (Cod, Sole, and Shrimp feast) for dinner and he made a good dent in it. 

Our vet wants me to feed more wet food.  I do, they don't always eat it, but at least it is literally on the table.  I feed the cats on the kitchen table.  It's for feeding family, right?  Ron generally eats in bed and I eat in my TV chair. 

[sigh]  So today I mainly sat around and helped the handyman when he needed it.  I couldn't take a nap, too noisy. 

I was about ready to go to bed around 8 but the neighbors, #6, were making noise.  I guess they forgot a lot of us get up very early. 

Actually, tomorrow, I don't (for once), so I will enjoy that and try not to wake up with a headache. 

Tomorrow's going to be a busy day, with a repairman and truck day, in addition to the usual stocking! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing to have a cat condo to watch when you are resting. On the bad nights or noisy ones? You will have joy and comfort of the furbabes! How fun! Good for you.

I believe my husband is bipolar. He is treated for depression, but his " highs " are so apparently painful to him as well as us being collateral damage.

I am adopting a cat it is final.
Much love dear girl

Heather Knits said...

Yay to the adoption!

Cats are so soothing to us. After a long horrible day, I couldn't wait to get home to my Biscuit. When I opened up the door they were all waiting to greet me.

Manias can be awful, it's like someone's hijacked my brain and is driving it all around in high speed chases, wrecking things, cutting people off, etc. I would give about anything to make it stop.

I am blessed my medication does work so well.