Monday, April 20, 2015

It's just the lotion

I had a hard time falling asleep last night.  I just couldn't. 

I always have some anxiety the night before, when I have to get up at 2 AM.  I worry something, someone's going to keep me up, and as a result I'm the person. 

We also had a severe storm system come though.  Thank you, God, for a good roof. 

I also saw a glorious image.  The trees on my back fence, blazing with sunlight, bright green and yellow from the sun, against a stormy gray background of clouds and shade.  It was beautiful (my phone was off or I'd have tried to take a photo).  I thanked God for the nice image and went to bed, finally falling asleep around 10. 

I'm not a fan of dogs, generally.  They bark, disturb neighbors.  I have been attacked, and witnessed, dog attacks when I was minding my own business.  As a pet, they are harder to train, eat things they shouldn't, raise your insurance, and dig out. 

I had to get up at 2 AM. 

You can imagine how I felt when I'd finally gotten some sleep, only to year Yappy next door barking her head off for several minutes.  First, I consoled myself she'd woken up "her" people, too.  The barking continued with ferocity, and I finally got up and said, what time is it? 

Imagine my horror when I saw it was after 3!  I didn't even have time for a shower! 

Good old Yappy, the ultimate alarm clock. 

Like I said, I'm not complaining. 

We had a good ride to work and did it all, a large soda delivery, I put that away myself - a sandwich delivery, not my regular guy but he's OK.  I had to help Ron, troubleshoot a couple of naughty machines, and help some customers. 

I had what I believe was a phony refund, but like I told Ron "I'll give him the rope to hang himself in God's eyes."  I did not say this around the customer. 

We did it all, just in time, and our ride was even waiting for us when we left.  We had a long ride. 

It wasn't bad.  I don't think the driver would make a good cat person, is all. 

Also, one of the other clients was wearing a lotion that brought back immediate memories of my mother.  In case you are a new reader, I don't have any good memories of my mother.  My hindbrain was battling feelings of terror, red-alert panic, and other awful emotions as I reminded myself: it's just the lotion

I was so happy when she left.  She seemed like a very nice lady, but the lotion was a big problem.  That's one reason I don't really wear any perfume these days - so many people have bad memory triggers, associated with perfumes, and I work in food service anyway. 

I never wear fragrance on a Bible Handout for the same reason. 

We finally got home.  I ate, and looked in aggravation at my empty pill counter.  I had to do up all my medication, and today's evening medication, before I could go to bed (when I am sleep deprived, et al, I always take my mood stabilizers early because, well, they stabilize my mood! 

I did that while watching Supernatural.  I like the show a lot, one of the few I watch.  In this episode, Sam and Dean had to deal with the goddess Vesta. 

I went to bed. 

I heard a lot of noise from next door, entering and exiting the house, banging noises, dog barking, but I still had a good nap.  It just goes to show: if I'm tired enough, I will sleep! 

I woke up with a mild headache, but I was just thirsty.  I got online for a little bit, woke myself up, and did my God Time. 

Ron wanted a footbath so I made him one with tea tree oil (I use an unused kitten sized litter box pan).  He liked that.  I'm sure his feet did, too. 

And, praise God, we have tomorrow off and very little planned. 

Good, I need to do some laundry.  My sheets are so "mature" I worry they will bite me! 

No comments: