Friday, July 22, 2011

What would Heather do?

One of my Facebook friends is having a hard time.  Someone hurt her badly and betrayed her trust.  Now she is suffering financially, and is worried about her beloved cat.  She's having some more trials and is handling it really well. 

I felt that God really had her on my mind last night, so went I woke up I sent her a message, I wish I could do a, b, c, but all I can do is pray.  I will be doing so. 

She messaged me back and said some lovely things about my faith.  I was very honored. 

Then she actually put up a post on her wall, "I asked myself, "What would Heather do" and made the choice to forgive this hater, and move on".  Yay!  I was even more honored. 

Of course, when someone compliments me in any way, I always go on alert; I want to make sure I have a faith worth emulating, and living my life in a way that honors Him.  I also start worrying about humility. 

All morning, I've had horrendous nausea; so I guess that helps with the humility!  [laugh]  Ron got a little wierd when I told him, I think it disturbs him when people compliment me.  [shrug]  I just shook it off.   I will learn one day, don't share compliments with him.  He just gets wierd. 

Which reminds me, 2 months until my birthday; but don't talk about it to Ron!  He gets really mad. 

He says "It is because my 6th birthday was awful"  - I can't help but wonder about the other 50 birthdays he had.  I had a horrible 16th birthday.  My adoptive Mom was violently ill and I ended up cooking my own birthday dinner.  I don't dwell, I had a cake, a good meal, and people singing at me like they meant it.  [grin]

I think in his mind, (he's never shared this) he feels like he "ought" to go take me out for a $200 meal, give me an expensive piece of jewelry, and anything I want.  That's not me. 

What would I want?  Maybe some gluten-free cornbread with tons of butter, a nice hambuger with bacon, cheese, and barbeque sauce, and maybe $20 to go get whatever's got my interest at the time.  That's about it. 

I'm not expensive.  I'm easy to please; but last year Ron was so horrible I resolved not to mention it, at all.  It's on a Thursday, so I'll probably get it off.  Yay. 

I will most likely spend it by myself. 

No comments: